Chapter 6: The gift

It was the day after. The moment I stepped into the classroom, I felt that something was different. My suspicions got confirmed first after what Yuzuki said, later by Koro-sensei himself. When we started the lesson, one became more. One Koro-sensei for every student, teaching everyone on their worst subjects. Something must had happened while I was gone, maybe at the assembly. Either way, he was dead set that the whole class would pass with flying colors on the midterm tests. I'm not hopeful. Well this is gonna make things a little harder...

"Uhm... Koro-sensei?" I asked quietly the after image of the octopus.

"Yes, Akiyama-chan?"

"S-since I missed some lessons when I was sick... Co-could I maybe stay after the school day and get tutored a little more by you?.." I fidgeted with my pencil to give a nervous impression.

"Of course, Akiyama-chan! I'm glad that you take this seriously! Nyaaah!! Karma-kun, no assassination attempts are allowed now!!" His figure got misshapen when he dodged Akabane's knife.

I almost showed my hidden laughter when I saw the scene in front of me. That Akabane could be quite successful in the comedy branch.

Narrator POV

Shiota Nagisa walked down the road with the laid-back redhead. The lessons had all ended, and now they could finally go home, but Nagisa had much on his mind after his meeting with the principal. Akabane Karma wasn't as laid-back as he seemed. He still wasn't that comfortable around the short boy, something with that innocent aura had always made him drop his guard, to later make him go into fight or run mode. He didn't know what or why, but he tried to be as alert as he could around the feminine boy.

"I wonder why Koro-sensei suddenly was so eager to get the E-class to have good test results in the midterms..." The blue-haired student wondered aloud to his friend.

"Who knows? I don't really care either way." The sadist answered while he was supposed to fish up his phone. "Damn! I forgot my phone at school!"

He felt in his pockets to make sure, but only to find pocket money.

"That's no good! We should go back, I'm sure that somebody is still there."

"I could go by myself. You can go home already."

"I don't mind, and I could maybe find another one of Koro-sensei's weaknesses."

"Do what you want."

They both started walking back to the campus, discussing different things. It was not long before they were already walking through the old building. It was Karma that first heard the voices inside the classroom and stopped both him and his friend from walking in.

"What is it?"

"Schhhhh!" He hushed before slightly opening the door.

Inside were their classmate Akiyama Hiromi and their yellow teacher. He tutored her in English, while she poorly tried to copy him. In truth, Bitch-sensei was their English teacher, but as she refused to work overtime because a student missed some classes, it was up to the octopus.

"So the sequence becomes like this: The student reached for the book, but it was too high for her." He said in English. "Get it?"

"Yes, I think so... So it means that she couldn't reach the book because it was too high up?"

"Bingo!" His face became orange with a red circle, meaning that she was right. "Should we continue then?"

"Why are we hiding, Karma-kun?" The small boy whispered.

"Quiet." He just answered.

"Uhm... A-actually.. Koro-sensei.. I have something I want to..." The brown-haired girl started stuttering nervously.

"Yes, Akiyama-chan?" The ever smiling teacher asked.

"I-I want to give you so-something.." She said as she started digging in her bag, looking away from her teacher.

Oh! This is becoming more interesting than I thought! The redhead thought while a grin came creeping upon his face. Only if he had his phone.

"Eh?! Really?! To sensei?!" The blushing octopus asked as his tentacles started waving around.

"Ano.. Could you please close your eyes, sensei?" She asked shyly as Karma got hit by the cuteness that was streaming from the girl.

"Of course!" Sensei closed his eyes, covering the small spots with his tentacles.

The girl took out a beautifully knitted scarf, dark blue like the night sky with a half moon at the end of it. Like in slow-motion she threw it over the octopus, flowing long in the air were both the scarf and she simply mesmerizing. Both boys got speechless by the sight, but the next thing would get them paralyzed. In less than a second the atmosphere changed and the girl suddenly pulled the scarf hard around the moon destroyer's supposed neck. A hard gust of wind was left as Koro-sensei had moved several meters behind the girl. Yellow mucus was left at the place where he had been, and the octopus had a serious face on as he held his tentacles around the place where the scarf had touched. Wha-? She's the only one except Karma who had been able to hurt Koro-sensei.. Nagisa thought as the two friends were watching the peculiar scene.

"So you have finally shown your true colours, Akiyama." Their teacher spoke with a low voice.

The classroom was filled with bloodlust as the brown-haired girl turned around to face the teacher. She had a smile on her face and her red eyes didn't take their sight off the target.

"Ah~ You saw through me!" She said happily. "I thought I finally had you there! Well, nothing to do about it. I seem to have shaken you up at least."

The octopus stayed quiet, keeping his guard up.

"You know, you should at least accept my gift! I put a lot of work into this. It's warm, it's handmade, it's in your colour, and look! I even put in the half moon! Oh, and of course, it's made of anti-sensei material!" She smiled as she displayed the scarf.

He stayed silent, not knowing what to say.

"You're making your student sad, you know! Well, the teacher can't touch what is untouchable." She said in perfect English as she grabbed her bag and put the scarf around her neck. "Goodbye Koro-sensei! Thank you for teaching me!"

She walked to the door, opening it to find the two boys eavesdropping. She looked at the two with an ice cold stare before walking past them. Karma looked at the disappearing silhouette with first a thoughtful look, before it became a deviously smile.