UNDERGROUND LIBRARY

Chapter Nine
                     (Part two)

     "Kiko, we're here now. What do we do next?" Miya asked him.
These were the first words she said to him on this day.

     "Yes master, what do we do now?" Leo asked. Kiko turned to face the four people who were eagerly waiting for him to speak.

     "Leo, Ari, this is where we need you. There are spells and traps ahead of us and they need to be undone. So let's -"

     "So let's go! Come on guys." Flynn cut him off and was set to run when Kiko pulled him back.

     "Flynn, we're a group. We stick together. This mission is very different from any other mission. One mistake, and we fail. We fail not just ourselves, the world also. Remember, we stick together."

     "Alright, Kiko. We're a group."
Miya placed a hand on his shoulder and spoke.
     "That's it Flynn. We might have our powers but we are nothing without each other. So we stick together."
As she said this, she felt Kiko's gaze on her but she did not falter.

The had come to Matanceros through the second sea route, with the intention of beating Explorers Worldwide, but what they did not know was that they had been beaten already.

Since they had come through a second route, different from Pierre's, they had to move through a short but thick forest to get to the actual kingdom of Matanceros.

As they moved further into the forest, the trees became huge and the darkness thickened. That was when the group began to huddle close to each other and quickened their paces. The place was silent except for the loud chirping of countless birds who had made their nests in the many trees that has created a canopy that allowed the penetration of no light.

Kiko was in front, Miya a few places behind and Flynn and the boys were right behind her. The trekked through the forest in single file, and Miya found it less scary and a little peaceful until she heard someone scream. She turned suddenly to look at Flynn.

     "Sorry," he whispered. "I stepped on a twig."
She looked back to see Kiko moving further away from them, not minding what was going on back there.

Fortunately, the journey through the forest ended soon but by the time they  were out, the sky was already dark.

     "We camp here tonight, and move at sunrise."

     "But -",Miya began to protest.

Before she could say anything, Kiko turned on his heels and moved away from them.
No one dared to utter a word. In situations like these, Kiko's decision was final.
That night, Miya couldn't sleep. Kiko's attitude was beginning to worry her.

     "What did the kiss mean?" She thought aloud as the memory resurfaced.

She sat up on the bundle of leaves that made her bed and saw a figure moving towards their sleeping place. She was a little scared at first but looking carefully, she realized it was Kiko. He was returning now after he left them minutes ago.

The boys, who were snoring now, had made a bed for him, which was not so far from Miya's. As if he knew, he came and sat cross legged on the bundle and bowed his head. Miya could not help but stare at him.

With the help of the fire they had made, she could see that his eyes were clenched shut and his lips were moving.

     "Kiko."
     "Hmm....?"
She sighed. At least he sounded calm.

     "We need to talk."
As she said this, he lifted his head a looked at her with an expression she couldn't decipher.

     "What do you want to talk about?"

     "Ummm....it's about the...er,...your attitude and....."
She wasn't getting anyway with this. After a few seconds, she asked, "What did I do wrong, Kiko?"

His expression did not change.

     "What do you mean?"
Now he was making this hard for her.

     "After that kiss, you.....you changed towards me. Did I offend you in anyway?"

She expected him to say something, but all he said was, "It's not what you think." and lied down, his back facing her.

           "It's not what you think."

She was very confused. Very confused. Did he mean the kiss was not what she thought it was or he meant she had not offended him?

______________________________________
Hey guys, reindaalonte here.
I finally dropped Chapter Nine(Pt. Two)

So.....what's going on with Kiko and Miya?

What do you think is gonna happen?

Please answer my questions, I really need your opinions.

Once again, thanks for reading.
Please vote, share and leave a comment or two.

Thanks.

Gracias.

Salamat.

                                            -R.A.S