R.A.B

"So I see you've found my brother's room?"

Harry, Ron and Hermione spun around, eyes wide. Sirius stood perfectly still, smiling slightly sadly as his eyes drifted from the guilty teenagers to the plaque on the door. It still glittered as new as it had when the boy had first put it up.

Do Not Enter Without the Express Permission of Regulus Arcturus Black.

He scoffed slightly "I would show you inside but it seems we need his express permission. Prat"

Sirius ruffled Harry's hair, turned and went to open his own door, merely a few feet away. "I'd go back and help Molly with her chores, kids, before you have to sit through another boring lecture about getting rid of the evil in this house."

Hermione noticed the way Sirius gritted his teeth and cleared her throat. She sensed he was more tired of Molly's cleaning then the rest of them, but more so about the things she said as she did it. "Maybe we can hide out in there? She'll believe we were making ourselves busy"

"Because my brother was a notorious Death Eater?" Sirius asked, eyebrow quirking.

Hermione gulped as Ron pinched the bridge of his nose "No, no, that's not-"

"Great thinking as always, Granger. Excuse me, Ron"

Sirius tapped his wand on the lock a few times and the door swung open smoothly.

The  colours of emerald and silver were everywhere, draping the bed, the walls and the windows, the curtains designed so when drawn to block all light out. The Black family crest was hand painted above the four post bed, along with its motto Toujours Pur along the bottom.

The group split up, Ron drifting toward the Quidditch collection beneath a window. He opened a dragon skin case and let his fingers wander over the contents. Hermione bit her lip as she read the yellowing newspaper cuttings pinned in a murderous collage, detailing Voldemort's rise to power years ago. But Harry joined Sirius by an assortment of framed photographs littering the late Black's desk.

The frames were all the same besides one, but all of them were covered in dust. Sirius blew it all away and bent down to inspect them closer. He picked up a family portrait of them all, taken shortly before he had left.

His parents were standing perfectly still, not smiling at all with their hands on their sons' shoulders. Sirius remembered his mother's nails digging through his shirt and piercing his skin as he had lounged in the chair, robes askew and hair swooping seductively into his eyes. Regulus was beside him, looking presentable and perfect. Andromeda's kind smile looked slightly strained beside Bellatrix's maddening, sultry smirk. Narcissa sat in the centre of it all, looking angelic compared to her family's dark features with her pale blonde hair and blueish grey eyes.

Harry noted the attractiveness of the family did not end or start with Sirius.

The next was Regulus in the Seeker position on the bench, Harry recognised immediately. Sirius didn't look at that one very long and passed over the ones of Regulus and his friends equally as quickly. The only other photo he paused on as long as the family photo was the one with the different frame. It was a pale red, the only red thing in the room, and had random gems and multi colour glitter stuck haphazardly onto the wood. This was the only one Regulus was genuinely smiling in, a little girl on his shoulders and one his age tucked into his side. They were walking down Hogsmeade, if Harry recognised it correctly, and the snow was falling all around them.

The room's silence was broken.

"Who is that?"

Ron and Hermione looked up and made their way over to the desk to peer over Sirius's shoulder.