Chapter 6 A group of four.

If 035 had a heart in that moment, it would've dropped.

He quickly turned his attention to 049, ready to stop whatever frenzy he was about to have, but 049 stood still. Completly calm.

Confusion stuck both of the SCP's, while the third absorbed your hand in its goo, and led you forward. You were completly oblivious, and giggling the whole way.

"A child? And one without the pestilence?" 049 said with completely bewildered.

"She doesn't have the disease?" 035 said, now slightly intrigued.

"None at all! Now this information gives me another question I must find to be answered; are only adults affected by the disease?" He asked to himself as he crouched down to your height, right infront of you.

You made eye contact with the doctor, and stopped giggling. Awkwardness set in for you as you found yourself quickly stopping by 035's side, and hiding behind the host's leg. Your head was half visible as you stared at the SCP.

"Oh! I didn't mean to scare you, small one." 049 said as he stood up straight.

"Who wouldn't be scared you, bird-face?" 035 asked jokingly.

"I'll ask you to refrain from calling me that."

"Bird-face!" You repeated and laughed.

049 looked at you again as 035 gave a genuine chuckle. "Well I suppose we both agree on something, huh Y/n?"

The SCP fluffed your hair as you giggled. "You know the child's name?" The plague doctor asked as he straightened his posture.

"Of course I do. She was assigned to me as a... experiment."

"Experiment? Of what kind?"

"Let's talk on the way." 035 said as he started walking to the next room.

The three of you followed. 049 on 035's left, and you with your happy orange friend on his right.

"And to answer your question, that is what I'm wondering myself."

Silence ensued after that.

-------------------------

"999 has it's ways to brighten up the room, huh?" 035 said as another conversation emerged.

You nodded and giggled as the SCP tickled your leg.

"Well..."

035 and 049 talked a little bit before 049 went silent.

"Hmm?" 035 looked to the plague doctor.

"I can sense it. The dreaded pestilence."

"Ah! Then there's some fun ahead! Come, now. Let us continue--"

He was briefly cut off by 049 dashing ahead of you three.

"Rude." 035 commented as you three went to follow him

Well, it wasn't that 'you three followed'. It was more that 035 followed, and you and 999 obliviously followed 035. You two were just completly distracted from the world.

Anyway.

035 followed where 049 went, but something stopped you from following.

"Hey!!"

A male voice behind you caused you to turn around.

Several armed men entered the room, raised their guns, but instantly lowered them.

"A child? What the fuck?" One of them said.

"Could that be one of the scientists children?"

"I believe she belongs to me." Another voice behind you.

You turned around again to see 035 back in the doorway.

"SCP 035 spotted!" One yelled as they seemed to be contacting someone.

Everyone raised there guns towards the SCP.

"Well. This is a situation, isn't it?"

"035. Surrender now!"

"Now hold on just a minute!" 035 raised a hand up. "There's a child here! Let us come up with a compromise. Despite how much I want to kill you all, I'm afraid there is too many of you for me to take on. So how about this, hm?"

The commander of the group stepped forward. "Spill, 035."

"I don't kill any of you, and I surrender. But only if you return dear Y/n with me."

"Fuck no!" A random person yelled.

"Do you want to be killed?!" The commander screamed at that person. "This is our one chance to capture a SCP, especially 035, without any bloodshed!" The commander turned to you two. "We have a deal, 035."

"Excellent. Well come on then!"

The squad hesitated. "Oh for heavens sake."

The commander stepped forward. "I really need a new squad to lead." He mumbled as he stepped infront of 035.

035 held his hand out to shake and the commander shook it.

"Now then. Come on! Take me."

The commander raised his hand towards the mask, and pealed it off.

The host splatted onto the ground. "Masky!" You called out.

"Oh don't worry, darling. I'm... okay." A voice echod in your head.

"Okay! Squad 1, go further into Heavy Containment. Squad 2. Escort me and 035 to his cell. And don't forget the child."

"Yes sir!" The team shouted.

Half the group branched off, while the others stayed.

The commander couched down to your level. "Hey. You're gonna come with us, okay? See? We got... ugh. 'Masky' is here!"

"Okay!" You said happily.

"Oh yeah. We also have to drop off SCP 999." He mumbled. "Anyway! Come along."

You followed the group towards the way you came.

End of Chapter 6