Chapter 8 The finale adventure?

Excitment filled you as you left your cell twice in the same day.

Will you finally be able to leave this place?

With your excitement came alot of other emotions. Curiosity, fear, happiness. How can you choose which one to feel when you want to have all of them at once?

You happily skipped along the hallways as 035 walked close behind.

Of course, that still didn't mean that there wont be road blocks. Like rabid SPCs that roam the hallways, looking for their next victim.

And yet, you lived so far. What's gonna kill you now?

You opened the door to the next room, but stopped at a sudden sound.

You turned around to see 035 stepping infront of you and scanning the room. He seemed to sense someone. "I know you're in here..." He said. "I'll find you eventually if you dont run."

You stayed close behind him. 

Quick footsteps faded out behind you. You both turned around to see someone running the way you two came in.

035 shot a tendril out to try and catch said person, but they were already long gone.

He grumbled and the tendril disappeared.

"Don't worry papa. You'll get the next one."

If he could've smiled, he would've. "I know I will. Come along now."

You smiled as you grabbed his hand. He again led you down the several halls you recognized.

Several thoughts entered your head. Most of them were thinking about what the outside world would really look like.

Then you were dragged out of your thoughts by bumping into 035's host because he stopped walking.

You blinked in reaction and looked ahead of you.

Nothing?

"Huh? Why'd you--"

035 shushed you. "I hear something..."

You listened out.

Silence. You didn't hear anything.

"I don't hear anything."

Well that lasted about two seconds.

Fast paced footsteps quickly filled the hall ahead of you with noise.

And before you knew it, you saw someone turn the corner and started running your way, only to see 035 and scream.

They quickly turned around to see a classic SCP. 939. Or in other words, the dog.

Everyone stayed still. The person was a D-Class, and was obviously scared. They quickly looked between you and the dog.

Then you realized the guy was trapped.

A sort of empathy feeling came over you. You slowly moved your hand and poked 035's shoulder. He looked down on you and tilted his head slightly.

You pointed to the D-class. He tilted his head more.

You rolled your eyes. You then got the D-Class's attention, and motioned them to come to you.

With shakey breaths, the D-Class made their way to the room you two were in without alerting 939.

Once they made it, they were right infront of you two, eyeing mostly 035 while also looking down on you.

You smiled and stepped to the side, and motioned for them to walk past you.

They blinked as they took the offer rather quick, watching 035. However, he didn't do anything, and the D-Class was quick to be off. Before they left though, they looked back and mouthed a 'thank you'.

The SCP ahead however, followed where the D-Class went. You two had to step to the side to avoid being detected.

Even though the SCP was sure to catch up with them, your heart warmed as you felt good about yourself.

"Let's be off then." 035 said in a distant tone and more... harsher than normal.

He started to walk off without you. Confusion stuck you as you quickly caught up.

"Papa?"

No response.

"Are you okay?"

The mask let out nothing but of a sigh. "Yes, darling. Though I suppose..." He trailed off.

"What?"

"Nothing. Let's continue."

"...Okay papa."

You knew it. You knew it too well. Something was bothering him. But why wouldn't he tell you...?

Something in your stomach turned as your thoughts turned from positive to negative...

End of Chapter 8