36. Chocolate frogs

●●●

●●●

Crying can be therapeutic. Letting out all build-up emotions in a qualitative way. It only became embarrassing if someone sees your vulnerable state. For example, crying in the corridor while classes are still in session. Passing students who only want to go to the restroom caught sight of the miserable Weasley. Each slowly eyed her before passing swiftly.

After a couple of minutes of self-pity, Amelia gathered her strength to walk down to the dungeons and buried herself in the comfort of her bed. Her cheeks flushed red at the memory of all her classmates seeing her worst fear. She cursed herself for not being normal and having an abnormal fear of something less parlous like a vampire or a Nundu. But becoming a Death Eater is the one thing she fears most. A small wave of assurance washed her mind. Death Eaters are no longer active and those who were confirmed to be are now residents in Azkaban. Besides the one that did manage to escape.

Sleep would have taken her away but the touch of a pillow hitting her head broke her from her sleeping trance. She lifted her head and saw Daphne Greengrass standing at the end of her bed.

" What the bloody hell do you want?" Amelia groans, dropping her head back onto her pillow.

" Theodore Nott is looking for you." She said through gritted teeth. Daphne's eyes were menacing. Jealousy sprouted in her as the boy she liked was asking for another girl's attention. Especially when the girl was a blood traitor.

" What?" Amelia sat up in her bed, surprise evident on her face. He was the last person she expected to have looked for her.

" I'm not repeating myself." Daphne sneered before she walked out of the room. Amelia sighed in exhaustion before she lifted the blanket off her and walked down to the common room. There stood Theodore Nott, arms crossed with a pensive look on his face. He looked up at the sound of Amelia walking down the staircase and immediately walked over to her.

" Can I help you?"

" No." He said absentmindedly. Theodore quickly retracted himself, " I mean - Are you- what was that Boggart?" The boy asked.

" Nothing." Amelia quickly reflected. No one needed to know. It was her paranoia and it involved no one else.

" Are you sure? Because you keep mentioning how peculiar our friendship is yet I think we might be similar in more ways than you know." the ominous statement caused Amelia to look sharply at the boy.

" What do you mean?"

" You have a choice, Amelia. Some of us wished we had that." Theodore said, absentmindedly rubbing his forearm. One of the reason's why Theodore avoided eye contact with the professor and tried to make himself invisible. He knew what the Boggart would turn into and he dreaded for people to know his biggest fear.

Amelia was stunned speechless. She felt stupid. She has criticized her parents and siblings for their strewed views on the Slytherin house. Only she too projected those same feelings. Judging her housemates for their parent's relation with he-should-not-be-names. Not realizing that they might not be following the footsteps of their parents blindly. Because at the end of the day, they are legacies. They are expected to follow suit. Unlike Amelia, who had no expectations placed on her only predictions.