Part 28

"Are you guys ready?" Robin called through the door.

Elizabeth had assisted Robin in the last minute touches on her costume. This morning they had made handlebars out of rolled up aluminum foil, paper, and paint. Now she had asked her to wait outside while her and Eddie got ready. She didn't want anyone seeing their costumes until they were complete.

"Okay, come on in," she called back.

Robin opened the door and stopped. "Jesus, you guys look perfect. You guys are gorgeous! Eddie Van Halen and Valerie Bertinelli, right?"

"Oh, I am so glad you got it," Elizabeth laughed. "I didn't know if it would be obvious."

Elizabeth was wearing an oversized yellow shirt with a large belt tied around the waist and jeans. She had thrown a giraffe print jacket over top with a pink zebra print scarf around her neck. She had straightened her hair and feathered her bangs. Eddie was wearing a white sleeveless tee covered in black dice, a red bandanna around his neck, and faded jeans. It was their look from a photo shoot when Van Halen had been recording their album, 1984.

She couldn't stop staring at Eddie. He always looked amazing, but right now he was looking particularly delicious and it was taking every ounce of self control to not decide to skip the party and stay in. He could give the real Eddie Van Halen a run for his money.

"Your parents knew what they were doing when they named you," Robin said. "I mean, without actually knowing what they were doing, of course, because Eddie Van Halen wasn't a thing. I never noticed how much you look like him."

Eddie chuckled. "I will take that as a compliment. The man is a legend."

"He's got nothing on you babe," Elizabeth assured him, kissing his cheek.

"Ready?" Robin asked.

She looked adorable with her jeans and oversized red sweatshirt. Elizabeth helped her attach the basket with ET to the front of her waist and affix the handlebars on the side and they headed out.

It was a short walk to the party. The fraternities came together every year to throw one huge bash instead of smaller, separate ones. They alternated which house it was in each year and this year it was only about a ten minute walk from their dorm.

As they approached the front of the house, Elizabeth caught sight of Steve and called out to him, waving her arms. Damn, he made a good Marty Mcfly, but with better hair. Nancy was with him and she was dressed as Jennifer Parker, Marty's girlfriend. Steve must have convinced her to wear a matching costume with him. Well, that was promising.

"Hey guys," Steve said, "you know Nancy."

"Hi," Elizabeth and Robin said at the same time.

"I don't know Nancy," Eddie stated, "but nice to meet you. I'm Eddie."

"Nice to meet you too," Nancy replied with a smile. "I love your costumes. Eddie and Valerie, right?"

"Yes!" Elizabeth shrieked with a smile, excited that people were getting it. She knew it wasn't your average costume and if people didn't know who they were, Elizabeth and Eddie just looked like they were dressed for a concert or something.

"Robin, your ET is so cute," Nancy added. "That is one of my favorite movies. It always makes me cry."

"Me too," Elizabeth agreed. "When he leaves Elliot to go home, my heart just can't take it."

They headed into the party. The house was wall to wall people in every costume you could imagine from funny to scary to impressive to sexy. Music was pumping throughout speakers that had been mounted on the walls and a sea of bodies moved to the beat in the middle of the living area, where they had slid all the furniture out of the way. They headed to the kitchen and grabbed drinks.