Part 34

"So, take two of seeing Eddie's band perform," Steve announced as they pulled into the club.

"Yeah, but this time Elizabeth knows he's here," Robin laughed. "She won't be shocked into catatonia from the sight of him or maybe she will. Sometimes she goes all slack jawed and moony eyes when she sees him."

"Shut up," Elizabeth huffed, shaking her head. "I have no doubt he will take my breath away, but I will stay very much conscious. I have no intention of missing a single moment of this show. I can't wait to watch him play again. I used to love going to their shows. Just wait until you hear them. They are amazing."

"Yeah, last time we only heard one song. I mean, it was good, but then we had all the chaos of chasing after you and keeping you upright so it kind of overshadowed the show for me," Steve chuckled.

Elizabeth sighed. "You are both assholes. I don't know why I am friends with the two of you sometimes."

"Because you love us," Robin replied, putting on her most innocent smile.

"Yeah, you're lucky you're cute, Robin," she chuckled.

"The most adorable," smirked Robin, her shoulders raising up to her ears as she put on her cutest smile.

They got out of the car and headed up to the club. Elizabeth hooked her arm through Robin's, feeling giddy. Watching Eddie play had always been one of her favorite things. There was just something about watching the person you loved do something they loved, how passionate he was, how completely immersed in the moment...it was beyond compare. They entered, looking around for an open table and began to head over when a guy hurried over to them.

"Hey," he smiled. "I'm Jacob, the owner of Eclectic. You're Elizabeth Henderson, right?"

"Uhh...yeah," she replied, confused. She had been here quite a few times but so had almost everyone else on campus. Why would the owner know her name? "I'm sorry. How do you know who I am?"

"I used to work with your boyfriend and he told me all about you. I've been hearing about you for years. So, Eddie asked me to save a table for you front and center," he explained, gesturing up front to a small table that had a reserved sign on top. "He wanted to make sure you and your friends had the best seat in the house."

Elizabeth smiled, warmth flooding her body. Of course Eddie made sure they had a special table. That man was so incredibly sweet and thoughtful. The three of them followed Jacob over to the table and sat down.

"I have to say, this VIP treatment is something I could get used to," Steve commented.

Elizabeth laughed. "Yeah, well, it's VIP at a local club so I wouldn't get too excited."

"Still, it's nice to feel like very important people for a night," he shrugged. "You ladies want a drink? My treat."

"Absolutely, if you're buying," Robin exclaimed.

"Alright, be right back."

He headed off to the bar and Elizabeth took a look around. It was quite a crowd already tonight. Eddie had said Jeff invited them back because people were asking about them and it showed. She loved that this many people were appreciating their talent. Elizabeth had told everyone she could about how amazing they were back in high school. It was great to see them getting even a fraction of the recognition they deserved.

"So, you know I love you and I love Eddie," Robin said, "but are we putting his buddies up in our dorm room too? I mean, it's not that big. I guess we could set up a camp-out situation on our floor. Do they have sleeping bags because that would be way more comfortable?"