Part 37

"Good grief, you could have packed these boxes a little lighter," Steve complained, teetering to the side as he struggled with his box up the stairs.

"Well, it was either 80 boxes or 20 boxes that I packed full," Elizabeth replied. "Which would you prefer? Heavier boxes with less trips or lots of boxes and a ton of trips?"

"I am thinking I would have preferred more trips at the moment. At least, I know my back would have," he sighed, dropping the box in the entry of her and Eddie's new apartment.

Robin followed them in, hauling a box of sheets and blankets her mom had given them.

"I don't know what you're complaining about," Robin declared, laughing at him. "I am having no problems with my box."

"Yeah, because your box didn't weigh 200 pounds! What's in there anyway?" Steve questioned.

"Oh, that one is all of my bathroom stuff. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, make-up, you know? All of the essentials," Elizabeth shrugged with an innocent smile.

Eddie moved past them, carrying a box of pots and pans into the kitchen and setting it on the counter. Dustin followed with a box of various dishes and silverware, also given to her by her mom and her mom followed with a box of towels for the bathroom.

"How many boxes are left?" her mom asked, pausing to catch her breath, her hands resting on her hips.

"Well, Gareth and Jeff helped me get all my stuff here last weekend," Eddie answered. "So, I think this is finally it."

"Oh thank god," Steve groaned, flopping back on the couch dramatically.

It was Eddie's couch from his trailer. The apartment wasn't much bigger so luckily he already had enough furniture for them to make do. They had a couch, a chair, a kitchen table, and a bed. The guys had helped Eddie move all the furniture, along with his boxes, last weekend.

"This place is really nice, you two," her mom commented, looking around. "You guys have done well."

Elizabeth smiled, thanking her. Her mom had really been trying since Christmas. They had talked a couple times since the holiday and her mom had been very supportive of her and Eddie moving in together. She really did seem to be keeping her word.

"I believe I was promised pizza," Dustin reminded.

"And beer!" Steve added.

Eddie laughed. "That you were. Seriously, thank you guys for all your help. This would have taken five times as long without you. I'll run real quick. Pizza and beer on the way."

"I deserve a beer too. I did just as much work as everyone else" Dustin commented.

"No beer for you," his mom reprimanded.

"Sorry little dude, just a few more years," Eddie chuckled, ruffling his hair.

He walked over, kissing Elizabeth on the cheek and then headed out. She walked over, plopping on the couch in between Steve and Robin. Her mom sat down in the chair and Dustin dropped to the floor.

"I can't believe you and Eddie are moving in together," Robin said. "I mean, just a few months ago this all began and now this. I feel like I blinked and you guys just bypassed a bunch of steps. It's crazy."

"I know," she agreed. "But, it's not like we've only known each other for a few months. In some ways, it feels like no time has passed at all since we were together. We dated for four years the first time. Moving in together just feels right."

"You know, you two together just looks right," her mom commented and Elizabeth smiled, touched.

"Well, I'm glad you two finally figured out what I've known forever," Dustin scoffed. "When will people learn that I know what I'm talking about?"