Chapter 6

Today was Atticus's day off, so you know what that means...

I have to voyage to work by myself.

It also means that a supermodel has more free time than me- which shouldn't surprise me, but somehow still does considering they're always "fashion capital hopping" in private jets on a daily basis, consecutively in a row. Last week I called up Atticus to help me memorize my lines, but he told he couldn't because he was in Tokyo. Apparently, his agent beckoned him there last minute, and voila; he's on a plane to the other side of the globe.

As per usual, I opted for the overground public transportation method because, quite frankly, it's cleaner. Plus, I'm not a fan of being below sea level. That just rubs me the wrong way- even more so than high bridges. However, when I stood in line at the train station, there were big, fat mobs of people pushing and shoving to make it onto the train, and I would've walked to set if it weren't a gazillion miles away. A girl beside me looked just as shocked as I was about the insidious influx of overground transportation-ers, but I asked her about it anyways.

"I'm not sure what's going on," she says, just as confused as I, "but I think part of the underground subway station closed off because of a malfunction?"

"Oh." I reply. Her answer did seem direly accurate from what I was witnessing. "Do you think they'll be enough space for us to even fit on the bus?"

"Probably not. You're just going to have to get greedy and fight someone who isn't either pregnant, or homeless."

"What if I pretend to be pregnant then?" I insist while frowning deeply at a woman being thrown off the train before us for shoving someone into a window.

"Clever," she notes, "but I just saw a woman try to attempt that, and she was thrown into a recycling bin."

Maybe not. The train that was just stopped in front of us, left the station, completely filled to the brim. The next upcoming train to Hollywood would be my stop, and I needed a head start to get into it before the mob advances on it. Waving the girl goodbye and good luck, the doors for the train I was supposed to get on, open, and I make a run for it, sliding past everyone inside before they even had the chance to get off.

I sigh in relief once I finally settle against the seat-less side of the train where I was smushed up against the window, but at least I had a spot. After about twenty solid minutes of people trying to fill the gaps between bodies on the train, I notice that someone was specifically coming towards my area; the corner next to a window. It was weird because they let this man walk through without a single shove- as I can tell by the silhouette of him and his hair above the crowd- but once he finally reaches me, I realize why they made an exception of space for him.

It's because he's Eden Thatcher. Damn it.

He doesn't even look the least bit surprised to see me, but he does look pretty damn frustrated. A woman accidentally elbowed him in the rib, and as soon as she saw who it was, she immediately apologized, but Eden paid no heed to her or her stupid elbow. He was motioning to me, with the gesticulation of his head, to move over a bit, and make some room for him.

"No way!" I argue. "I earned this spot."

Ignoring my objection, he leans up against the window behind me when I try to reserve a space on the overhead hand bar.

I shoot him a cold glower. "Don't you have a limo or something to ride?"

He purses his lips in quick tempered annoyance before drawing out a long, displeased breath. "There was a of couple car accidents that completely blocked off the road routes that I use to get to set." He then utters; "Now I'm stuck taking stupid public transportation."