11

dylan hayes 

I sleep for hours after being up all night on the beach, only to wake up from the sound of my phone ringing. "Elliot?"

"Are you free tonight? Everyones going over Jayden's place for a movie and stuff." I smile at the sound of his voice, I only saw him yesterday but there's something soothing about the low, rough tone of it.

"Yeah I'm free." I hum, standing from my bed. "I'll pick you up at seven."

I let Poppy out of my room and she slowly wanders out. "See you then Elliot."

"Bye sunshine." Rolling my eyes, I end the call. I've never been big on pet names but when he says it they become slightly more bearable.

After a quick shower I do some simple makeup and slip on some denim shorts and a thin grey tank top. I say a quick hello to my dog sitter that arrives just as I'm leaving for work and then climb into my car.

I'm so thankful for my dog sitter, since I don't really have much of a routine and don't always have time to take her out on a good walk it's good that someone is always there to do that for me. She's almost always free and on call for me, she gets paid a lot and I love her so much. Poppy is a little spoilt but I don't mind, my girl deserves it.

My shift lasts two and a half hours, not very long cause we close at five thirty tonight. I spend most of my time doing arrangements for orders in the back and checking the stock, only going out front if I really need to.

Just as I'm about to close up the shop Elliot appears on the other side of the door. Deciding to piss him off I flip the open sign to closed, mouthing a sorry as I point at it. Elliot gives me one of his breathtaking smiles in return and rolls his eyes.

Opening the glass door I question him, "What are you doing here?"

"I came to buy some flowers but it looks like I'm too late. If only I knew the only worker in the store..." He trails off, looking at me expectantly.

Knowing I'm going to let him in anyway, I decide to grill him further."Who are the flowers for?"

"My mom, it's her birthday tomorrow." Elliot states proudly.

That is the cutest thing I have ever heard. I have to hold back an aw at it.

I have this thing where I hate it when people hate their mom without a legitimate reason. Like for no reason at all, solely because they think they're cool or whatever. It's even worse when men hate their mom because they think loving them makes them less 'manly' or whatever.

Gag.

"What type of flowers are you looking for?" I narrow my eyes, my fingers tapping the door.

The man in front of me sighs exasperatedly, "I'll know the ones when I see them."

"Mm...fine you can come in." I open the door further and step back as he steps forwards.

Going straight behind the desk, I watch as he wanders around the store, looking at all the different flower arrangements. He picks up one of the arrangements I made earlier, it has pink and white flowers in it as well as a bit of green.

Elliot carries them over to me and places them delicately on the desk in front of me.

"Good choice." My eyes flick up to his, finding them already looking into mine. His blue eyes strike mine and I'm temporarily frozen by them, feeling like he can see straight through me.

He coughs, snapping me out of my daze, "Thanks."

Oh my God, get it together. Please.

I tell him the total while avoiding eye contact and he hands me the cash. "How's you tattoo?"