24

dylan hayes 

We leave New York tomorrow morning so we have one more day to do shit.

Since we got back at a reasonable time last night, I force Elliot to wake up early with me so we can fit in all the stuff I want to do in one day.

To start with we go up the Rockefeller Centre to take pictures of the Empire State Building as a tourist should, followed by a boat to see the Statue of Liberty and to tell us random shit and then the twin towers memorial. Luckily I brought a disposable camera with me to take pictures that won't clutter up my phone.

After doing all of that we go on a mini shopping spree. We get matching 'I love NY' t-shirts and I buy some new makeup to try out as well as a new pair of shoes and a bikini. Elliot doesn't complain, I think he likes shopping or at least doesn't mind shopping with me.

By the time we get back to the hotel we're exhausted after a day of walking the city but we promised each other a fancy dinner at the hotel and a dip in the hotel pool that's open all night. So we put on our fancy clothes and head down to the hotel bar and restaurant, where we order pizza and wine.

"I love going on vacation, it's so refreshing." I sigh as I dig into my pizza.

"We should plan another trip together, nothing fancy maybe a new city for a couple nights." He suggests and I agree. I'd love to go away with him again, he's the only person I ever want to travel with ever again. He does what I want and doesn't complain, what more do you need?

I search my mind for a city we could go too, maybe Vegas? Oh my God yes but if we went to Vegas we would have to take the whole group but that's okay we would split off anyway to do different stuff. And my birthday's coming up soon...

"What do you think about taking everyone to Vegas? It's my birthday soon and I want to celebrate it properly." Now that I actually have friends.

"When's your birthday?"

"Two ish weeks." I admit sheepishly.

"And why am I only hearing about this now. What do you want?" Elliot quizzes seeming stressed.

"You don't need to get me anything."

"Bullshit, everyone needs presents on their birthday." He argues.

"Get me a piece of paper for all I care." I shrug which seems to annoy him but he drops the topic.

Once we finish the food we go back to our hotel room to change and I slip on a black bikini and one of his tops as a cover up. Elliot walks out of the bathroom in a pair of black trunks and a t-shirt and we walk into the lift.

I stare at myself in the mirror while the jazz music plays as the lifts starts going down. My hair's frizzy from all the running around we've done today, my face is a little burnt and my freckles have come out a bit more from all the sun. I don't look too bad.

We step out of the lift and walk into the pool area that's deserted as expected at this time. The pool is lit up by blue lights making the whole room a dim blue colour. I love hotel pools like this.

I turn around to say something to Elliot but he isn't there, two seconds later I hear a very loud splash and I find his shirt on the floor beside me. Idiot.

"You coming in or what?" He says as he emerges to the surface.

"Have a little patience El." I lift the top over my head and drop it by his before running and jumping into the pool.

When I get back up to the surface I brush the hair out of my face and lie back on the water to look up at the ceiling.

"I love hotel pool-" Elliot interrupts me by yanking my leg so hard that I go shooting down under the surface.

I retaliate climbing onto him and trying to drown him, which does nothing because he's a brick wall. The battle goes on for what feels like forever until I give up and swim away and sit on the half sunken pool steps in the shallower end to sulk. Elliot follows and comes to stand in front of me while I glare at him.

"I'm sorry." Elliot tries but I turn my head away slightly.

"Look at me." He demands and I very nearly fold but I don't.

His fingers land very gently on the side of my chin, pushing it so that I have to look at him. My heart speeds up at our closeness and his other hand moves to rest on the side of my bent leg. Elliot's eyes travel up and down my body making me swallow thickly. Moments like these are happening more often and are slowly getting more intense.

Anticipation and adrenaline rushes through my veins and my heart nearly bursts out of my chest while we both hang in this limbo, unsure of where to go from here.

"You stress me the fuck out. You know that right?" Elliot's hands move lightly across my body. "But you look so good." He whispers so quietly that I know I wasn't supposed to hear it but I do cause his lips are like in inch away from mine and he's all I can focus on.

Very gently his lips land on mine, as if he's scared of hurting me or maybe scared that I'll pull away. I don't My hands hold the sides of his neck while our kiss deepens and my body buzzes with relief as all the tension that's been building up ever since we met gets released. I press myself impossibly closer and start putting a bit more pressure into the kiss when he slips his tongue into my mouth.

Over and over again our lips collide until I get slightly dizzy from the lack of air and have to pull away. While I catch my breath Elliot's lips land where my collarbone meets my neck, trailing kisses up and down and sucking and biting hard enough to cause bruising.

"Fuck." I moan quietly and I feel him smile against my skin before he looks at me.

It's not long before his lips are back on mine and this time my hands travel his toned stomach. My heart beats wildly in my chest and I can't seem to get enough of him, his hands on my body and his lips on mine is an addicting combination.

"Elliot." I say in between kisses.

"What?" He replies after a while.

"We should probably stop." We don't stop for a while.

☼☼☼