16

elliot carson

Dylan and I are going to Jack Johnson tonight.

It's been a week since she walked in only in her towel and I haven't been able to clear the image from my mind. The way her cheeks flushed pink, the way her wet hair was tucked behind her ears making her look a little younger, the way the towel was both my worst enemy and my best friend, because it covered parts of her I so desperately wanted to see but parts I knew if I saw there was no going back.

I'm not blind, Dylan is beautiful. Big round dark green eyes, the softest looking pink lips that form a pout naturally and a figure that catches the attention of too many people when we walk around. Dylan is oblivious to all of the stares of course, she doesn't notice a single thing.

There's more to Dylan than the way she looks though, she's funny and sweet and despite her anxiety and tendency to overthink, she's confident. She might not know that other people find her attractive but it's partially because she doesn't look for approval in others.

I get the feeling that she's spent a lot of time by herself though and because of that she's used to doing things the way she wants even if it's not healthy for her. Like not eating properly.

There was a comment she made the other day, that I wouldn't believe how different her life was right before she met me. Dylan hasn't mentioned any other friends or made any indication of being close to family members or anyone really. To think about it Dylan hasn't mentioned anyone at all. I'm starting to get the feeling that before I met Dylan she was alone. I mean Poppy's only a couple months old, so before that was it just her?

The thought makes my heart ache. I wish I'd met Dylan earlier.

Ever since she's come into my life she's occupied most of my thoughts, no person has ever done that before. Then again I've never met anyone like Dylan before.

"Elliot." Dylan snaps her fingers at me, trying to get my attention.

"Yeah?" I reply finally coming out of my thoughts.

"You zoned off on me. Which top looks better with this skirt?" She holds up two tops and I glance down at the leather skirt she's wearing. One of them is black and one of them is white, they both have a similar design on them and they look the same to me.

"Uh, white?" She nods to herself at my answer, turning around and slipping her shirt off to change into the white one.

I swallow thickly at the sight of the back of her lace bra. Is she trying to kill me? Cause it's working.

Dylan then finishes doing something to her hair and applies a bunch more shit to her face before finally finishing. "Whatcha think?"

"Beautiful." I say, standing from her bed watching as her cheeks flush.

"Thank you, ready?" I nod and follow her down the stairs. I didn't notice how short that skirt was before but now as I'm walking behind her I do. I also didn't seem to notice how well it hugged her in certain places either, but I'm noticing now.

Fuck she looks so hot.

This is gonna be a long night.

We go out for burgers before the show, sitting on a bench outside the restaurant for some peace and quiet.

"What's your favourite Jack Johnson song?" She asks, slipping a fry in her mouth.

"Sitting, waiting, wishing. Better together. Banana pancakes." I list off my favourites as I force myself to tear my eyes away from her lips.

"I meant one but I can't pick either, I'd say the same as well as Upside down and Good people."