Wanting to Crush Him

A/N:

Thank you for all the kind words. Checking the comments section is such a stress reliever. Virtual hugs to everyone who took a minute of their time to leave a comment.

P.S.

Still Mark's point of view.

***

It was the day after the confession.

It is also the second worst day of my life and I got these puffy eyes and a head-splitting headache to crown the moment. My chest felt restricted and my heavily bandaged heart complete with gauzes and band-aids is threatening to burst open as I stood witness to the teeth-rotting sweetness of a certain med student and one of my seniors during our swimming practice. I even almost throw up at their constant exchanges of shy glances, finger hearts, and timid smiles. Like, seriously? What are they? Fifth graders?

I kicked an invisible can underwater and swam as far away as possible from the annoying new couple.

Sigh. People in love make me sick. I really should've just stayed home.

Thankfully, I wasn't alone in thinking so. Looking almost as pale as a pail, my other seniors in the swimming team, those who have time to worry about me had the collective agreement that I look so unwell I should just skip practice and rest at home or rather at my dorm.

Relief washed over me after hearing their not-so-professional medical diagnosis for that would mean I can go home earlier and not be tortured with a certain sight of a lovey-dovey couple who makes my eyes glitch. As soon as I was dismissed, I head over to the lockers and switched back to my black t-shirt and jeans.

When I'm done changing, I lightly swept and cleaned the locker room a bit first before heading out.

Looking back, when I was still doing my preparations for the big day: aka worst-day-of-my-life, aka everything-went-wrong-day, aka unintentional-confession-day-to-my-porcupine-of-a-senior-named-P'Vee, I kind of knew already that it will fall on the day I am assigned to be cleaning the locker room after practice. I also know it will fall on a day when we will have SOTUS activities after. So if I cleaned first, I wouldn't have time to get dressed properly and I might even missed P'Bar.

Time was definitely against me during that confession. I realized that a day before but when a mere cleaning duty stands in the way of a long planned confession, I thought it was a no-brainer for me to ditch it and proceed with my plans. But if what happened yesterday was any indication, I should have prioritized my responsibilities first. Brooms over boys.

If I did attend to my duties first that day instead of playing hooky I wouldn't have been caught in that moment and will never have a need to lie or even confess to the wrong person. While it's true that I'd still be brokenhearted by now, I at least wouldn't have been compelled to settle for a problematic solution even dragging the annoying senior along with it.

So next time something happens maybe an earthquake or two and it was my day to clean up after practice, I swear I will clean first before even doing that 'duck, cover and hold' thing. No one will ever make me escape my cleaning duties again!

Still, I'm a bit glad with how things have turned out. P'Bar is already going out with Gone and my reputation's still intact. I think I just avoided the worst.

Or maybe I talked too soon. After getting out of the lockers, an ominous feeling hit me.

A storm is brewing and I can see some dark clouds ahead as P'Vee walks toward my direction. Actually that guy is the storm himself and there's no calm before or after with him. I'm bracing myself for what was about to come.

Trying to gauge the situation, what's the worst thing that can happen anyway? He'll probably just rant at me for half an hour because I missed an activity and glare at me like the annoying person that he is. No big deal. It's not like he's not doing that already. Bring it on! I'm already immune to him and his always annoyed face.

However when P'Vee was but a step away from me, the words that left his mouth betrayed all my expectations and even my wild assumptions.

"Bar said you don't look well.", P'Vee started. I can feel him fidget at this like a snake bit him and I'm not sure where this conversation is heading.

"Just some headache from lack of sleep, Phi. I should be fine after a long rest.", I replied politely like I always do. But deep inside, I'd like to roll my eyes and ask him if he woke up on the wrong side of the bed. What's with the sudden concern?

"Why didn't you rest early after leaving the place yesterday? You didn't even wait for my answer."

I didn't hear the last thing P'Vee said but I'm not in the mood to talk to him and decided to give him an excuse and leave.

"I'm planning to rest early today P' so I will go ahead first."

I gathered my stuff and passed him by when I felt P'Vee grab my wrist. I turned around to look at him. My eyes asking him a silent question.

"It's a yes."

"Huh?"

"I said I'm giving you a yes."

"For what P'?"

I'm sure he's speaking thai but I just don't understand him.

"Dummy. You confessed to me yesterday right? I'm saying yes to you, so now we're dating."

It's all going downhill so fast.

"But you don't like me P'."

"I didn't like you before. But now I do."

That easy? You've got to be kidding me.

"Phi, p-please think again. A relationship isn't a child's play." I begged him.

"I know." Came his casual answer.

Doesn't look that way to me though.

"Phi, I am a man, it'll be hard to explain this to your parents. Trust me, I've been there." In actuality, I haven't really told my parents yet but what can I do? I need to convince this airhead senior to let me off.

"Are you that serious with me?" P'Vee asked like I just proposed him and we're off to let his parents know.

Shoot. I'm digging an even deeper hole.

If it's possible to turn paler than I already am, I already did.

Thinking hard on what to say next, I have decided to just eff it up and just come clean and tell him the truth, but before I could do so, I was already dragged inside his car.

Not willing to risk a car accident just to clear things up I silently sat on his passenger seat and thought of a way to get to North Pole or maybe Atlantis. I badly needed to escape from here.

***

A/N:

I think Eclipse the series is intriguing.