Trying

A/N: 

Anybody else hooked on Eclipse the Series?

***

Sometimes, people don't wake up FROM a bad dream, instead, they wake up TO a haunting nightmare. And in Mark's case, that meant waking up from a nap and getting greeted by a devilishly handsome face a few precarious millimeters away from his own. 

Why that face was so close to him in the first place is still subject to further investigation. The way he was looking at Mark's neck though is nothing short of suspicious.

Mark felt a chill run down his spine.

Surely, there are no longer vampires in this day and age, right?

Mark did a little shake of his head and would like to go as far as pinching himself just to confirm he hadn't taken a side trip to the Netherworld but that would have to wait until he started breathing again. The shock has punched the air out of his lungs and Mark is currently in dire need of some oxygen.

The devilishly handsome person staring at him must've realized Mark's predicament for he pulled away afterward, but not before scaring the younger out of his wits. 

With all of Mark's danger alarms currently blaring in his head, he stealthily checked if the door to the passenger side was locked. Perhaps he can just make a dash out of the car all the way into his room and pretend that none of the dangers related to this senior ever existed. But alas! The door is firmly locked. Someone bless his soul.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." Vee chuckles.

Mark blinked.

"Right. I probably did." Came out his reply. Mark's heart is currently beating a thousand beats per minute while his mind is flashing him "wrong turn scenarios".

"I'm too handsome to be a ghost." His senior replied. He winked too but Mark is already too distracted to notice.

"Sure. You are." At this point, Mark is determined to agree to anything.

He's a cheese in the trap.

"Sigh. Having this handsome face is a crime." The older shook his head and looked like the biggest problem in the world is weighing him down.

"Righ--"

"Narcissist,"  Mark finished in his head.

"Is that why you liked me?" Vee asked teasing Mark even more.

"When did I-" Mark almost rolled his eyes but held himself. "That's just one of the reasons, Phi." And immediately corrected himself.

"There are other reasons too?" The older asked, curiosity evident in his eyes.

Shoot.

Mark is facepalming himself internally. He is out to dig himself a deep, dark, wide hole where he can bury himself alive. While standing.

Someone better seal his lips or else things will become irreparable in a span of a few minutes. 

"O-of course. There are." Mark said as his face paled even more. "But can we talk about it again some other time, Phi? You see, I don't feel well at the moment and would like to rest more." Mark said as he crosses his fingers. 

"Sure. Let me help you up and send you to your room." Vee said after pushing a button and quickly got out of the driver's side. He then opened the door on Mark's side and gently helped him down. He also took the younger's bag and supported him.

"Phi, this is too much. I can walk on my own. And I can carry my bag." Mark protested and tried to grab his backpack but Vee wouldn't let him.

"It's fine. Let me do it."

In the end, Mark has to settle with his senior supporting him like he injured his leg and as if his backpack has a sack of rice squeezed in it.

When they reached his room, Mark visibly relaxed. Finally, a door that doesn't make him scared. And one that he himself can lock and open as he pleases.

"This is my room, Phi. Thank you for sending me to my door." Mark said and thanked his senior as politely as he can. He means it.

"First room on the fourth floor." Vee stated out loud and looking as if he is etching the information into his memory bank. "Just like April fools." He added to which Mark only grimaced.

"Y-yeah, just like April fools." The younger echoed. 

"Aren't you going to invite me inside?" Vee asked sounding a bit hopeful in Mark's opinion.

"Not in a million years, Phi."

"I-It's a jungle inside, P'Vee. Probably next time. I'll have to clean first."

"But you're alone-"

"All the more reason why I shouldn't let you in, right?"

"I'll be fine, Phi. I can take it from here. Thank you."

"Are you sure? I can make good ramen." The older offered.

"Nah, I'd rather have salad."

"I'm just a bit tired, Phi. My arms and hands are still okay." Mark replied.

In the end, Vee agreed to let Mark rest at his room alone and contented himself in getting the younger's number. He called him immediately right there and then and gave explicit instructions to call him should he feel unwell or if he wants to have the older get him something.

Both of which, Mark had not the slightest bit intention to do.

Still Mark made it appear that he will call Vee if he so much as happens to want to get himself a candy or when he needs someone to find his slippers and that settled it for the senior.

Once the porcu- or rather his senior is out of sight, Mark closed his door and slumped on the floor.

It was a tiring day.

***

09.14.22

A/N: 

Just a short update. Hope you're all doing well.^-^

P.S.

I noticed I have a reader from Thailand. Is this true or a sort of glitch? Please let me know who you are. I have questions . . .