Sweet Nothings

A/N:

I really don't have anything to write. I just missed Vee and Mark.

***

Last night's dinner was a mess. Vee didn't want to leave it at that but Mark has to sleep and he needs to get ready for his morning class.

He can't woo him in uni too because Mark is firmly against making their relationship public at this point and Vee has to wait until his last class is over to get to Mark's place.

Seconds felt like hours. And everyone and everything seems to be moving at a snail's pace.

Vee counted the seconds.

Vee groaned at the minutes.

Vee was desperately clutching at his hair.

And Nuea finally can't take it.

"Don't sh*t on your pants here. Go to the bathroom if you really can't take it." Nuea said elbowing Vee who at best looks constipated.

"Shut your trap it's not that." Vee didn't look at his friend but answered with gritted teeth.

"Then don't look like you're seconds away from dumping your load here."

"Mind your own business."

"Then at least mind your ugly face." Nuea countered.

"Yours is the ugly one."

"The girls of Engineering will beg to disagree."

"They are not that many."

"One is enough, Two is a lot."

"Shut up, Shakespeare."

"The course of true love never did run smooth . . . Was it because of Mark?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Sure, you don't. Not like you're a good liar or anything. You know what-"

"I don't." Vee said cutting Nuea mid-sentence.

"Geez, you are one clueless guy, Vee. Getting there as soon as you can won't solve it. You need a plan."

"You can now read minds, huh?"

"You're not a close book Vee."

"Then, "

"Then . . . "

---

After what felt like eternity. The clock strike 7 and Vee quickly left the room thru the back door. His friend Nuea only smirked and shook his head.

"You are one hopeless fool, Vee."

--

After swinging by a flower shop on the way, Vee immediately stormed towards Mark's place. The need to see the other person and make up for the disaster of a dinner last night was foremost on his mind.

Knock, knock.

Mark open the door after several knocks.

The younger was immediately greeted with a bouquet of white roses.

"For you." Vee said and handed him the flowers.

Mark was surprised but still took them.

"Thanks. Come in, phi."

When Vee entered the room a gush of unexplainable feelings came over him.

The low table was set and two portions of dinner were prepared. Both untouched.