Sandwich

A/N: 

Akk and Ayan from Eclipse the Series will feature in this story because I love them. I linked the teaser video above just in case you're curious who they are or what the series is about.

***

"Wipe that smile off." Vee glares at himself in the mirror as he gets ready that Saturday morning.

He doesn't have a class that day but Mark has, so Vee decided to swing by the university and bring Mark a sandwich before heading out to one of his classmate's place to work on a group project. 

The younger is not fond of breakfasts so Vee took it upon himself to prepare a sandwich for him every morning. It was such a convenient excuse too to spend time with the other.

*

It was around 9:30 in the morning when Vee reached the Engineering cafeteria. Vee need not scan the crowd to find Mark for the younger always sits at the same table. Half-buried in books and whatnots Mark is busy finishing some of his assignments. He still has a few classes later that afternoon.

With a certain lightness on his feet and a smile on his face, Vee started walking toward him.

The smile was quickly replaced with a frown though when someone suddenly sat from across his junior at the same table.

"You didn't get any food?" An unfamiliar kid asked Mark.

Vee stopped. He can't remember a freshman with the same face. 

"No, not yet. I'll work on these assignments first." Mark replied.

The smile was back on Vee's face and he started walking again. When he reached them, he can't help but ask:

"How many students are there in your class?" He was using the same firm/threatening tone he uses when hazing freshmen.

The other guy almost spits out the food he is chewing.

"Dude, are you a cat? Try to make some noise when you approach people." The stranger said while wiping his mouth.

"P-phi what are you doing here? I thought you don't have classes on Saturdays?" Mark asked. 

Vee is eyeing him intently. 

"You know him?" The other person asked.

"I'm his boy-- senior. You are?" Vee answered for Mark and glared at the stranger.

Mark and him talked about this before. The younger is not yet ready to tell people about their relationship and Vee respects it. Hence his answer.

"Uhm, Phi this is Ayan, he's a transfer student. Ayan, this is P'Vee, he's a third year, our senior, and part of the SOTUS committee." Mark introduced them to each other. 

Ayan waiied to show respect. Vee merely nodded.

"Are there only two people in your class?" Vee pushed on.

"Hm . . . I think there's one or two girls and about I don't know . . . 30 boys? Right, Mark?" The other student answered casually without looking away from his food.

"Right. I think so. Why Phi?" Mark answered, confused.

"Then why are you the only ones at this table? Don't you have other friends?" 

Someone is clearly annoyed.

Ayan looked up and an evil smile crept on his face.

"I think the others didn't want to join us because the table is already crowded with my books." Mark answered completely unaware of someone's fury.

"Or maybe they just kind of get 'it' and didn't want to disturb us." Ayan added.

"There's nothing here." Vee countered.

"Really? How can you be so sure, Phi?" Ayan continues.

He even tilted his head while looking as if challenging the senior.

"By the way, why are you here, Phi?" Mark finally remembered to ask.

Vee then placed the paper bag with a sandwich in front of Mark.

"I made too many sandwiches so I brought you one."

Mark smiled and mumbled a thanks.

Vee was shot by an invisible arrow.

"Aw, Phi. Why only one? How about me?" Ayan teased. He even pouted for good measure.

Vee was about to say more when a beep souded.

"Vee, where are you?" The message came from one of his classmates.

"I need to go, Mark." He said. 

"That fast? I'll miss you. Phi." Ayan is definitely teasing the senior.

Vee ignored him.

"Sure, Phi. Thanks for the sandwich." Mark said.

"Remember to add another sandwich next time you visit us, Phi." Ayan added while waving to a departing Vee.

Vee didn't want to leave yet but since he has somewhere else he needs to go to, decided to leave half-heartedly but not without one final glare at the new kid.

When the senior left, Ayan turned to Mark.

"So . . . is this why you didn't order anything?" Ayan asked as he was about to grab the paper bag.

Mark beat him to it. 

"You already ate. Leave mine alone."

***

A/N: 

Just a short update. 

This is me trying to live one more day while waiting for Friday. How I wish they release 2 episodes in a week. Sigh.