The Carnival date :)

category: fluff

Nick and Charlie had been hanging out for a few months now and fall had just started. "cmon mate you need to ask him out already " Otis said, him, Sai and Christian has been the witness to months of intense pinning. "I will ask him, i just need to find the right moment" Nick said

"You've been saying that for months, ask him out for god sake!" Christian huffed
"fine, fine i'll ask him out today"

a few periods passed and Nick bumped into Charlie at the cafeteria during lunch "hey Charlie"

"hi" Charlie smiled back at him "so um, i wanted to ask you something, are you busy this Saturday?"

Charlie thought for a second "nope, why?"
Nick smiled and Charlie noticed that nick looked slightly nervous "well, i- i was wondering if you wanted to go the carnival with me?"

Charlie blinked for a second, his heart beating a mile a minute "l-like as a date?"
"yea.. a date" Nick smiled. Charlie was stunned "y-yea, i'll go on a date with you" honestly Charlie was trying not to scream from excitement "awesome" Nick smiled when his friends called him over "i gotta go, but i'll call you tonight"

'holy shit holy shit' Charlie thought to himself "okay, i'll talk to you later"

That afternoon on the bus Tori saw that Charlie was clearly in an amazing mood "what's got you all smiley?" she asked "well, i have a date, with Nick Nelson"

"Nick and Charlie sitting in a tree" ollie teased "oh shush" Charlie laughed "woah you actually have a date with him, we'll done, your crush on him was super embarrassing"

Charlie rolled his eyes playfully "where you going?" Tori asked "the carnival, we're going on Saturday"

The rest of the afternoon passed and Charlie waited anxiously for Nick to call "what if he changed his mind?" he sighed "i highly doubt that, just wait a couple more minutes and if he doesn't call you, you text him but not about the call. Charlie nodded and just then his phone rang, it was Nick, face timing him. Charlie ran upstairs and up to his room "hi" he smiled answering the phone "hey, sorry i only called now, i had rugby till late"

"it's okay" Charlie smiled "however since you're face timing me too it's mandatory that i see Nellie too"

Nick laughed calling Nellie over "i swear you're only friends with me to see Nellie"
Charlie playfully shrugged "Maybe that's the only reason i said yes to the date" Charlie teased "ouch!" Nick said offended "so it's not for my charms or good looks?" he giggled "those do help" Charlie laughed. They spent hours talking over face time and eventually both fell asleep over the phone.

Eventually Saturday night came around. Nick nervously knocked on Charlies door Charlie heard the knock and ran downstairs before anyone else could get it "bye mum bye dad!" he said and answered the door "hey, ready to go?" he asked "yea but i should say hi to your pare-

"wait a minute young man" Mrs Spring said coming to the door "where are you boys headed?"

Charlie whined "mum i already told you we're going to the carnival and you and dad said i could go, all my chores are done and so is all my homework"

She chuckled "i know you can still go, but you need to be back by 10: 30 tonight the latest and keep your phone on"

Charlie blinked "i can stay out late?"
"it's your first real date, why not, please have him home by 10: 30 Nick"

Nick nodded "don't worry i'll have him back in time Mrs Spring"

The two soon left heading to the carinval "what do you wanna do first? we can either play games or go on rides?" Nick asked as they got their wrist bands