panic attack

a//n : at first i thought this was just gonna be a one shot of the panic attack but it kept going cus i was on a role with writing today soo, also this is based kinda on Volume 5 cus in Volume 5 what we've seen so far, Nick is kinda stressing out about the future and uni and stuff sooo

category: hurt/comfort
Tw: anxiety and panic attacks

Nick had experienced a panic attack once in his life, when he was 11 years old. It happened the night he found out his parents were getting divorced and his dad was moving to France. It was a huge shock, he'd always seen his parents together and they never really fought, or well to Nicks knowledge.

Now everything would just turn upside down, would he stay with his mum or would he have to move to France with his dad?

Obviously being 11 years old having all this especially when Nick was the type of kid who absolutely hated change. it set him into a panic attack. Alone in his room, he never told anyone cus he didn't know what was it was.

As he got older he kinda forgot about that panic attack. But throughout his life there would be times where he felt extremely anxious but he wouldn't have a full on panic attack or anxiety attack, just feel extremely anxious. He'd talk to his mum about it, the worst time being while Charlie was in hospital.

Now with about two months left before the end of year 12, Everything was about their futures, universities, career paths ect.

Nick had always been that kid who was constantly changing his mind about what he wanted to be, a lawyer, and architect, a rugby player, a vet, a forensic scientist and the list went on and on.

The one thing that really stuck with Nick was being a rugby player, he loved rugby but had never really thought about trying to actually be a professional rugby player but he did like the idea of it. Still, Nick had no clue on what he wanted to do with his life.

He had no idea where he wanted to go for university, he had no clue what he wanted to study either and honestly it was starting to freak him out. All his other friends knew what they wanted to do

Sai wanted to study literature at oxford since he was 9 years old, Christian wanted to study Architecture at Leeds University, Otis wanted to study software engineering at Kent university, Tara wanted to study dance anywhere she could, Elle and Imogen wanted to study fashion design, Darcy wanted to study film, Charlie wanted to study Graphic Design, Tori wanted to study Psychology, Issac wanted to study Literature as well, and Michael wanted to study social work

Everyone had everything planned out, Nick on the other hand had no idea, one thing he did know is that his dad probably wanted him to study at some posh fancy university (preferably in France as well) like David did.

Nick was trying to work in one of the study classrooms with Charlie, He was working on this project where basically you had to plan out your whole entire life, what you wanted to study, where you wanted to study, future career options, possible scholarships etc.

Earlier in the day they had a whole career fair for the year 12s and 13s. Nick pretty much went to every booth to see if there was something he liked. but nothing really seemed to stand out to him, It was like the whole day was based on their futures and Nick hated it, he didn't like thinking about the future. It always made him so anxious and stressed out.

As he was reading through the project he felt himself get more anxious. The whole day his anxiety had just been building up more and more. He felt his hands start to get clammy, his heart start to race. "do you think it's too early for me to start looking for uni too?" Charlie asked "my parents are taking Tori on this uni tour maybe i should go too"