13- Past.

Liam was the first of himself and his mates to notice the difference in the atmosphere surrounding their friends when they returned back to school. They didnt appear in the building until the beginning of the next week, all three of them staying off from school Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

They kept in contact with Louis, checking in on him and making sure he was alright at school with just the Styles Triplets. And they were most definitely surprised to hear that everything was fine. So much so that they spoke to the triplets too, making sure Louis really was okay and again hearing that he was doing fine shocked them even more.

But it wasn't until he sat down at the table at Monday morning break did he notice the shift in dynamic between his friends- specifically Louis and Marcel. The pair were seemingly a lot closer, more gentle and open with each other compared to the previous week.

They were talking between themselves- the alpha and omega seated across from each other- about their French homework but it seemed that they were oblivious to the rest of the world. Louis had his legs crossed under the table and Liam noticed that they weren't really shaking, not nearly as much as they usually do, and the omega's shoulders were relaxed. He seemed calm. And Liam was very happy about it.

When lunch ended the seven of them separated. Niall, Louis, Liam and Marcel heading to their classes and the three remaining alphas watching them leave, their arses firmly in their seats because they had no where that they needed to go. The omega and alpha group split halfway down the corridor, Louis and Marcel turning into the staircase and going to French.

When they got themselves into the classroom there was no teacher again. This time though there was a big pile of papers at the front of the desk, informing them that even if their teacher wasn't there they would be doing some kind of work. They were waiting for five minutes before their cover teacher walked in, a hurried look on her face, "Sorry I'm late, guys." She went through the instructions left for them and handed out the sheets, telling them to get on with their work straight afterwards.

Louis couldn't focus, he couldn't concentrate on the work and he couldn't think of anything other than what he had told Marcel the previous week. They hadn't spoken about what Louis said and Louis hoped that Marcel hadn't told anyone since then but something about it was making Louis anxious, even though Marcel didnt seem like that kind of person. The weekend gave him too much time to think about what had been revealed in the class the previous week.

He imagined that it would feel like shit reliving the experience and it definitely was. He couldn't sleep that night as he watched the sky change from a blue black to light shades of pink and orange because of all the thoughts running through his mind. Although there was a strange feeling of relief that came with his confession, that someone else knew what really happened to him.

But there was so much fear that came with everything that Louis said in French on October 3rd. Had anyone heard him? He couldn't imagine how he would feel if someone in his class had heard what he said, had known what he went through just a few years ago. He had tried as hard as he possibly could to forget about his worries, to not let them get to him. What happened happened and there was nothing he could do about it now.

Yet he still turned his head towards the desk next to him, his eyes locking on Marcel's hand as it scribbled a few French words on the paper in front of him. The alpha's hand stilled against the page and he dropped his pen, the ring on his middle finger making a noise as it collided with the paper covered wood.

Marcel turned his head to Louis, raising an expectant eyebrow when he seen the omega looking at his hand. The boy looked deep in thought as he continued to stare, leaving Marcel to clear his throat with a smile pulling slightly at his lips. Louis flinched and turned his eyes upwards, blinking a couple of times to refocus on the world.