Chapter Two

Jenna, on top ^

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

― Allen Saunders

Amelia Donovan.

***********

"We're here!" She sings in excitement, but I weirdly feel a turn in my stomach.

What the hell? Why am I nervous? There's nothing to be nervous about, I tell myself. It will just be a long month with lazy days at Jenna's pool or the beach. No one can ruin my summer. Not even my mum who's forcing me to live in an isolated, mundane area with a stranger and her family.

As we pull in front of Jenna's mansion, we see the other two girls waiting for us.

Skyler is typing on her phone non-stop while Caroline is talking to her, oblivious that she's not listening to her.

Caroline has always been the talkative and energetic one. She can be very bossy but also very effective with words - she can get away with anything. She definitely throws one of the best parties in town and her long, pink-dyed hair and light, blue eyes, definitely corresponds with her original personality, and extends her uniqueness as a whole. She is also half Italian and half American, which is a very interesting combination.

Skyler is the exact opposite. She's quiet, obedient and the best adviser you can find. Some go as far as calling her the wise one because of her authentic and honest advice. She has long, brunette hair and bright, blue eyes that can divert anyone's eyes towards her despite Caroline's attention-grabbing appearance.

Jenna and I have always been considered the most popular ones but I always saw this as a stupid comment because we see ourselves as a united, equal group.

As Jenna and I, exit her Volkswagen, the girls finally notice us and come rushing to give us a hug.

I give Skyler a warm smile and I extend my arms towards her, ignoring the other two that are already giggling and laughing.

Before Skyler met us, she was always alone at school, hesitant and distant from everyone else, rejecting anyone trying to approach her.

Somehow, when I gave it a try, I somehow managed to bring out a bit more out of her and finally got her to say a few more words instead of just, "No, thank you."

I hug Caroline and I inform them that I need to go to the Jackson's house and that I will be back in an hour to hang out. We exchange "see you later"s and I give Jenna a hug as a thank you for the ride.

Thankfully, the Jackson's house is nearby Jenna's, so there's no need for searching for a car to come by here. There's just a long forest between the two roads that separates the two areas.

Jenna's house is exactly at the beginning of the village up here just a bit after the shops and the beach which is a few miles away, while the Jackson's household is just a 'forest away', as my mum informed me. I keep remembering the details about taking an immediate right after I find the end of the forest and then take a left after a 'beautiful' park.

I spot my first destination, the forest.

As I cautiously cross the road, I finally enter the radiant green area, surrounded by the beautiful lungs of the planet. When I look at trees, I am in awe of their beauty. I marvel at their shape, sculptural features and the color and texture of their leaves. A calm, peaceful, stilled feeling immediately pervades the atmosphere and I let myself relax for the first time in a while. There's something about the freedom of the fresh breeze that makes me feel envious. Maybe it's because it's not being disrupted by man-made hands, or maybe it's because the breeze can travel non-stop without being interrupted by duties and obligations. I envy its freedom. But I know that I can never be that lucky to have such freedom, so I let the thought slide off my mind and I continue walking.

In the middle of the forest, a beaten, stone pathway appears, and I follow it, leading me to the road.

I suddenly remember when my mother confessed the truth of where my dad had disappeared off to. I would shout and scream for her to tell me the truth, and to cease the bogus stories that he's gone to see his grandmother that is suffering from Alzheimer's and has taken my sister with him. I remember how I wished from then on I hadn't pressured her to tell me. I regretted it. Because I was the reason he and my sister left.

As my thoughts pervaded my mind, and time passed swiftly, I hadn't noticed that I was just exiting the forest and walking slowly along the road.

I suddenly hear an uproarious, annoying sound and before I notice what it is, I find myself standing in the middle of the road with a red truck heading towards me.

My feet are frozen in place and to my panic, I cannot move. Cold fear runs through my body, causing me to stay still and denying me any brave reaction.

Before I know it, I spot a tall, blurry figure running towards me from the side of the road and seconds later I'm on the ground with the figure on top of me, shouting,

"What the hell are you doing?!"

*********************************

"Sometimes an incident can end up being the best mistake that ever happened to you."

Hey guys!

Sorry for the late update, it's just school year is about to finish and difficult exams coming up...

I won't be able to update every day, but for sure once, twice, every week.

Hope you liked the Second Chapter of Summer Stranger.

I think you're guessing who we're meeting. in Chapter Three ;)

Anyway, if you guys like my story up to now give it a vote and even comment a rating out of 10!

Also, follow me for more books from me, and be reminded that I've just started this book so by adding it in your library (if you like it up to now), you will be kept updated on it.

Also, any errors will be edited and fixed soon, so be patient.

Write for you guys soon <3