Chapter Five

Caroline on top.

"Understanding and trusting is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be love."

Amelia Donovan

*********************************

It's already been 5 minutes since we've stepped in the car and I've told him where to take me. He asked why we were going, but I hesitated to tell him, considering that he has shown no signs at all of being trustworthy.

He hasn't said a word since then and the ride is silent. I like it this way, I have no intentions into making any small talk or even getting to know him. I don't even want him to think that I've asked for a ride just to get closer to him. 

I slowly take a peek and examine his features. Messy, beautiful, blonde hair that seems like he has spent no effort at all and still looks this good. Strong jaw line, clenched. Brown eyes with eyelashes as long as mine after my second-coating of mascara and his muscular, worked-out arms are wrapped tightly around the steering wheel, his knuckles white from how tight he's holding it. The whole image of him forms a very tense figure. A very impressive figure that could possibly make any girl swoon.

Okay, I admit, I did say I had no intentions of getting to know him or talking to him, but curiosity is taking over me, and before I realize it, I'm talking.

"Why do you seem like you're about to rip off that wheel off any minute now?" I swing my long hair behind my shoulder and lean my head on my palm, tilting it and looking at him.

He answers abruptly, still focused on the road,

"Nothing you should give a shit about." Okayy...

I shrug and push on,

"Let me guess, you're one of those dark, mysterious guys that are wrapped with tattoos around their arms, too "cool" talking about their feelings with a girl."

"You don't know me." He blurts out as he gives me a short glare and then fixes his eyes on the road again.

He finally stops the car next to Jenna's parking after 2 minutes, and I'm relieved.

"Is this it?" He asks in an emotionless tone. I nod, and unbuckle my seat belt.

"Be out in just a minute okay? Just wait here and don't come inside." I shut the door and I hear him chuckle and say,

"What if I just leave you here?" He rolls his window down and expects my reaction.

"You'd be doing me a favor." I answer without looking back, and head inside Jenna's house.

I've been here a few times, so I know my way around. Since Jenna is 18, her parents let her and the rest of the girls come here alone for as long as they want. I wish my mum was that chill...

As I walk into the living room, I notice the girls all slumped on the long, beige couch and music is blurting out remixes of different songs. When they all spot me they all wave and I see Jenna in the kitchen.

Her house, or let's call it, her mansion, still amazes me every time I come here. The living room is connected with the kitchen and further ahead, the wall is covered with sliding doors that lead to the glorious, beautiful pool outside.

"Hey girls." I wave back at them and Jenna offers me a cup of coffee. I reject it politely and finally get to my point when I tell Jenna that I can't be staying here. They all groan in annoyance at how boring my mother is, and how she drags me into her boring world with her, and I finally ask Jenna to give me my bag. She instructs me that it's upstairs on the left of the hallway.