Chapter Ten

"People may not always tell you how they feel about you, but their actions will speak for themselves, pay attention."
-Anonymous

*********************************

As I'm ready to turn around and quickly run into a random room to hide, one of the guys says,

"Hey, Amelia right?" I lock eyes with the guy with the brunette hair. He gives me a charming smirk, and I'm immediately sure that this guy can seriously make any girl fall for him.

"Ugh, yeah." I give him a small, returned smile and I tuck a strand of blonde hair behind my ear as I look down on the floor. When did I become so shy?

"Hey, I'm Josh." He gets off the bed and I then realize how tall he is. He is about Austin's height but a little shorter. God, why am I comparing Josh to Austin?

I shake his strong, muscular hand and I smile back at him. His muscular face contains a perfect jawline, with two full, plump lips. His eyes are a color of light green, like the color of emerald and he has olive, smooth skin. He really is gorgeous...

Our hands stay there, collided after our shake and Austin clears his throat loudly and dramatically. I blink rapidly, and I finally gain my senses when I finally let go of his hand and he smirks even more.

"Alright, Amelia you are sleeping on the other beige couch opposite me," Austin demands as he pats the one right opposite his.

"Yeah, I actually wanted to sleep on Jenna's bed if you guys don't mind." I glare at him for bossing me around. Yeah, like I'm listening to him.

"Well, I guess we don't always get what we want, princess." He gives me his cocky smirk and crosses his muscular arms over his chest. His famous I win position. I roll my eyes and ignore him. The last thing I want is sleeping on a couch. On the other hand, Josh is kind of cute. I'll stick around for a bit. The blonde one jumps off the bed and shakes my hand right after Josh and introduces himself as Kai.

"Nice to meet you." I smile at him and he grins back. I hear Austin next to us snort in annoyance. Before I could ask him why he's being so rude, Jenna bursts into the room with a few bottles of Smirnoff, and Absolute Vodka, along with an empty bottle of water. I look at the empty bottle in confusion, and when she spots my reaction she winks at me. Oh no.

"Okay! So who's ready for some truth or dare and some late-night alcohol?" Her eyes gleam in excitement and I roll my eyes. No way I'm playing truth or dare, especially with Austin in the room.

"Definitely not me." I cross my arms over my chest, and Austin smirks, making fun of my innocence.

"Aw, why not?" Josh gives me a pout.

"I think I've had enough alcohol for tonight. And we all know that alcohol and truth or dare is the number one cause of a dreadful hangover and actions we would regret doing sober."

"Come on Amelia, brighten up and live a little." I laugh at Kai's cliche use of words to make me play this stupid game.

"Yeah, it's nothing." Josh presses on. I still don't change my mind and when they see that, they both shrug and sit on the couch near the bed. Jenna sits on the chair in between of the two couches and the bottle is placed in its spinning position ready to be played, on the wooden coffee table. Austin is still staring at me with his arms crossed over his chest and I await for his expected, cliche try, to get me to play. Instead, he shrugs and a disappointed expression covers his face.

"You guys don't expect anything from her, she's just a boring, drama queen." A shiver runs through my body, making me want to shout that I am definitely NOT a drama queen. That shiver makes me want to show him that I am cool and not boring. And that's what I do.