Chapter Twenty

"We must learn to regard people less in the light of what they do or omit to do, and more in the light of what they suffer."

"Hi, little Jason!" The girl, called 'Blair', by Jason, shrieks and the young boy jumps in her arms. The girl has beautiful, blonde hair, like me, except hers, are at shoulder length and mine are up to my hips. Her eyes are a dark, shade of blue, and her eyelashes are perfectly long. Her plump lips are almost just like mine, except hers seem to be fuller. We are both very similar, straight, blond hair, tall, except her body seems to be fitter and her eyes are just on perfection.

"Uh, hi I'm Amelia." I smile politely, and I extend my arm. She just walks right through me and inside like it's her house, putting Jason on the floor, and declining my shake. Her heels click on the wooden floor and she walks up the carpeted stairs.

"May I ask who you are?" I say, starting to get annoyed. I follow her up the stairs, and she doesn't even turn around. Her head is a few inches raised up like she's in a higher class than me.

"Where the hell is he?" She asks when she steps into Austin's room. I'm left there puzzled. Why would she be looking for Austin? Except if...

"You're the bitch, aren't you?" She says annoyed. When she finally takes a glimpse of me, her eyes widen and I spot an inch of jealousy tracing her eyes.

"Excuse me? I'm sorry, but who the hell do you think you are, stepping into this house like you own it and just entering rooms?" I ask her and mirror her bitchiness.  She scoffs and glares at me.

"I'm Austin's girlfriend, duh. I'm sure he has told you A LOT about me after he dumped you." She laughs and starts walking down the stairs while dialing a number on her phone.

What! What is SHE doing here? Austin, you're in huge trouble! First, he messes up my life by and then I find out he has a girlfriend, and THEN, she not only appears here out of nowhere, but she also tells me that Austin dumped me? Oh my god. He didn't...

"Austin, where are you darling? I've arrived, and you're not even here to welcome me!" I hear her say from the kitchen. She has a light French accent which makes me think that she's doing it on purpose as showing off.  I hadn't realized I was frozen on my spot inside Austin's room when she told me who she was. I blink rapidly trying to gulp down the hate towards both of them.

"Well then hurry up! The slut is here, and I'm not willing to even look at her face." She shouts and I ultimately wonder why Austin would be dating this bitch! What has Austin said about me? Why does she keep calling me a bitch? Does she know HE kissed me two times? Oh god, did he say that we did anything more? I try to take deep, steady breaths and close my eyes so I can get my vision back.

Before I know it, I hear the front door of the house open and close, and muffled words are heard from below, followed by Blair's happy squeals.

As I approach down the stairs, I realize that there's no one inside the house, and I spot a shadow from the window. What are they doing in the front porch? Yes. Now I am intruding. But I need to see what they're talking about. Since I can hear Blair shouting I decide to a peak through the window and I can see Blair's back with Austin standing in front of her. He's wearing the same shirt I saw him before but he's now taken the leather jacket off, showing his fit muscles. Blair seems to be really mad.

"Why wouldn't you want me to stay? It's because of her, isn't it? I should have never agreed to get back together!" She shouts and Austin seems equally mad,

"Look at you! Obsessive and crazy, I can't do this anymore Blair and you know it! And of course, part of it is Amelia! I'm sorry but she's something you've never been. Calm, supportive, kind and very loving. How can I still love a girl like you, when I've fallen for the most beautiful one already?" Ouch. Did he really just say that? He finds me beautiful? But why would he do this now? Let her arrive and then break up with her? 

He loves me. He feels the same?

"You should know that this won't end like this! I will make her life a living hell, and you can't fucking stop me!"

I fight myself until I finally get my feet to move, and I run up the stairs, pretending I never heard any of it.

God, how did I get into this mess? This summer has been seriously the craziest... I've been here for just 3 weeks and I've already made a few enemies, been touched by a couple of weirdos, but at the same time: I've fallen in love with a guy that might eventually save or corrupt me... I've literally, involuntarily opened my heart for him, giving him a free pass to actually destroy me forever. That's what scares me the most. That he has me hanging by a thread, and he can either cut it and let me fall in a hole of depression and devastation or pull me up and make me the happiest person in the world...

***************************

I know, not my best! Don't kill me... *hides behind a bush*

I've rushed through this chapter because I wanted it done before I leave tomorrow for Germany! I've posted this on my profile already, but I'm leaving for Germany for a week and I won't be able to update since this is a school trip and my schedule will be super busy...

What do you think of this chapter? Did you like or hate it? Please don't be a silent reader, whoever you are, you are very important to me! Comment your opinion/rating out of 10, so I can know if I'm doing a good job with this story or not :)

Love you guys sooo much! Reached 2K reads <3

Will update as soon as I'm back, definitely in a week!

Write for you guys soon <3

Toodles :*