Chapter 7: The Woods

A/N: I'm just gonna write Y/N POV in first person rather than third 🤣

Y/N POV
"Eddie, where are you?" I say while standing in the middle of the woods hoping to find Eddie. I swear Gareth better not be playing a joke on me. "Edward Munson! Where the hell are you?" I say as I start getting annoyed. I am not particularly a big fan of woods. I start walking backwards slowly as I get ready to leave. Suddenly I bump into something and scream "oh sorry I scared you...it's just me princess" Eddie says comforting me. "Eddie I swear to god you'll be the death of me one day" I say recovering from a near heart attack.

"So Y/N your probably wondering why I asked you to meet me here if all places" Eddie says while taking his jacket off. "Eddie, I wanna know why haven't you spoken to me today, did I do something wrong?"

Eddie smiled "you did nothing wrong darling. I wanted to speak to you about last night...the part where we kissed" I looked up surprised "oh yeah that part" I smiled shyly trying to hide my cheeks which were getting warmer due to  remembering how good a kisser Eddie was. "Y/N I've kissed a fair few girls in my time" I gave him ' the look' that meant 'really Eddie?'
Eddie laughed and continued "but...I've never kissed or rather been kissed like the way you kissed me. Seriously usually when I kiss girls I don't feel much well in my stomach at least but with you I felt a fluttering feeling in my stomach and in my heart."

I smiled at him. My heart was melting like butter. "Eddie, oh my god that's so sweet" Eddie came close to me "Y/N Harrington I know we only got acquainted a few days ago and I don't wanna rush you or anything so don't feel like you have to. I need to tell you that well I really like you and I was wondering if you'd do me the immense honour of being my girlfriend?"

My jaw dropped and I looked at Eddie. He just asked me to be his freaking girlfriend. It was a lot to process because I knew I'd have to keep it secret from Steve and well basically everyone. But I have to admit I really like him too. I'd be lying if I said there wasn't apart of me that wanted to kiss him again. I made up my mind "Eddie, sweetheart that's the sweetest thing any guy as ever said to me. And over these pass few days I've enjoyed getting to know you and you are so cool and fun. I feel like I can be myself around you. Eddie Munson...I'd love to be your girlfriend but let's take it slow" I say to Eddie trying hard to not blush to hard. Eddie fell to the floor grabbing his chest dramatically "she said yes! She said yes" he got up and lifted me up. "My darling I promise you will never regret saying yes to that question and don't worry I promise we'll take it slow and steady" Eddie puts me down and kisses me on the forehead before giving me a hug.

"Well well well...what do we have here?" A voice rose up. I looked over to see Jason standing there. "What the actual hell are you two doing here? actually better question how did you know I was here" I say quite annoyed as they ruined my special moment with Eddie. "Well Harrington,
Chrissy told me all about your conversation today, she said you claimed I wasn't the star player and she said you told her not to call Eddie a freak" Jason said

Eddie looked annoyed at Jason I was about ready to smack Jason for this "Chrissy? She wouldn't have told you anything unless you forced her too and Yeah meathead I did say those things about you, and what you gonna do about it? Just because Eddie is into D+D and rock music,which by the way is a hell of a lot cooler than anything you do,doesn't mean you can call him that"
Eddie smiled and put his arm around you and said "Jason, why don't you fuck off man, don't you have some balls to throw into a laundry basket?"

Jason looked pissed "you two better watch yourselves" Jason glared then got ready to leave the woods.
You laughed "and you better score some actual baskets at the game dipshit" Jason scoffed and walked away.

"That's my girl" Eddie said before kissing you. You both left the woods and headed back to school.