Chapter 9: Why did you not tell me?

Y/N POV
"Steve what are you doing here?" I say as I push Eddie away from me. Steve walks towards us I can tell he is pissed. "Y/N...(takes a deep breath) I just have two questions" Steve says as he stands not far from myself and Eddie. I look at him nervously

"Question one, why did you lie to me about where you were? And Question two, why are you kissing this guy?" I took a deep breath "Steve I wanted to tell you I really did but I was too scared of what you may think, and I was kissing Eddie because well erm..."

"We were rehearsing" Eddie cuts me off
"Rehearsing?" Steve says confused
Eddie looks at me " yeah rehearsing for Romeo and Juliet"
I understood his idea and went with it "yeah Eddie and I thought instead of just reading boring lines in a book we should act out the scenes to understand the feeling behind it. it's an ingenious idea really if I do say so myself"

Steve looked at us confused " so let me get this straight you didn't tell me where you were because you wanted to rehearse Romeo and Juliet scenes with Eddie and you were worried of what I might think?" Eddie and I looked at each other before saying "yes" in unison

Steve contained looking confused "Y/N you have reached a new level of nerd. Unfortunately this study session is over come on Y/N time to go home"

I quickly said goodbye to Eddie and left with Steve. My god that was a close one. Wouldn't hurt Steve to stay in the dark a little longer would it?

Eddie's POV

As I watched Y/N leave I reflected on what I just did. I knew she wanted to go slowly and I knew she wasn't ready to tell Steve. So I had to find away to keep us a secret a little longer and it worked thank god.