Home

“Nicole, my pet. Wake up sweetheart. We’re home.” I heard a comforting voice say.

Slowly opening my eyes, I see Sebastian. Sebastian? How do I know his name?

“Home, you say?” I inquired.

“Yes, home sweetheart.”

“Well, this isn’t my home, this isn’t even my bed!”

“Calm down Nicole,” he responded.

“Calm down, calm down?! How can I calm down when the last thing I remember was calling you Sebastian and kissing you. How do I know your name?”

“Baby, I have to tell you something.”

“Then tell me already,” I pleaded. “I am so confused right now.”

“I know sweetheart. Can I lay next to you?”

“Sure, go ahead.” I watched as he crawled towards me, or more like prowling. It’s kind of sexy, yum.

NICOLE! Get your mind out of the gutter.

Gently caressing my face, Sebastian leans in and gives me a soft kiss on the corner of my mouth (how romantic) “I guess I should just come out and say it. My pet, please believe me. I need you to trust me.”

“JUST TELL ME ALREADY!”

“Sweetheart, I am not human…”

“Oh what? A werewolf, is that what you are? Are you saying I’m your mate, is that why you keep following me?” I asked sarcastically.

“Well some of what you said is true,” he slowly replied. Grasping my hands, he looks me deeply in my eyes and said “I am a therian. A therian is something similar to a lycan. We can transform into any animal. And you, sweetheart, are my mate. I have been following you for over a month now. I just came into town to visit some friends to play a round of football at the park, and then it hit me, your scent. It was so intoxicating and addicting. It was then I knew that my mate was near. I automatically left the game and followed your scent. I saw you I saw you running the track and after a mile, you were taking a break. I have never seen such a beautiful specimen in my life. I saw a gorgeous light mocha skinned beauty with curves in all the right places. The moment the sun hit your face, it felt as if I saw a real angel, here on Earth. You didn’t need any makeup or jewelry to look beautiful, you just were. I couldn’t believe that the gods blessed me with such a beautiful mate, I wanted to claim you then and there. But I didn’t want to freak you out. So I just kept my eye on you. It wasn’t until a couple of nights ago that I started to appear to you. I would follow you everywhere in your house. I even followed you to the bathroom,” he said, giving me a smirk.

“I wanted to be near you. Always. When you left me in the living room to go shower, I had to find a way to be near you. I transformed into my human self and simply followed you into the bathroom. I didn’t want you to scream if you saw me standing there, so I turned back. Baby, you entice me. I need you in my life for always. As a result, I knew there was no going back.

After last night’s situation, I put you to rest, drove that asshole’s car to your house, packed up your clothing, toiletries, and keepsakes, shut down all of your accounts, paid any debts that you owe, and I brought you here, to my home…our home,” he finished giving me a peck on the cheek.

“Whoa…there’s so many things running through my head right now.” Letting out a long breath, I continue. “So I was right, I wasn’t delusional. You ARE Midnight!” I screamed out of excitement.

“Haha, yes sweetheart, yes I am.”

“How did you know my name and I knew yours?” I asked.