Meet the Family

"Now presenting Sir Sebastian Alexander Spanos, Crown Prince of the Therian Nation."

"Come on babe, you can do this," I hear Sebastian say as he wrapped his strong arm around my waist.

As the extravagant doors began to open, I sent a prayer to God praying that everything will be alright.

Lifting my face and granting it with a smile, I kept my eyes glued on the King and Queen standing at the end of the long table while the others stood with bowed heads.

"Welcome home, my son. And I see that you didn't come alone," the Queen said giggling.

"Hello mother, hello father. Yes I did bring back someone special. This beauty is my mate, Nicole. Nicole," he said turning to me. "This is my father, King Aldon and my mother, Queen Mariam."

"Hello Nicole, it is a pleasure meeting you," the King said with a gentle smile on his face.

I couldn't say anything, do anything. I was paralyzed.

Can you believe it? I am in the presence of royalty and I can't respond when they speak to me.

"Baby, baaaaby," Sebastian sang in my ear. "Say something."

"Uh...hello. It's very nice to you both also." I finally said.

"Come and have a sit darling." Queen Mariam said.

"Alright, Your Majesty."

"Oh no no no." The Queen said once we took our seats. "You will call me Mariam and my husband, Aldon. We are family now. You are almost family and you will be treated as such."

"Thank you so much," I say with a tear in my eye. I just met her nearly a minute ago and she already claimed me.

"Everyone, you may be seated." Aldon directed after we took our seats to begin our appetizers.

Aldon sat at the head of the table with Mariam on his left and Sebastian on his right. Across from me was a gentle older man who looked like Aldon and next to me was a snippy, stuck up older woman.

"Sweetheart. In front of you is my grandfather, Grand Elder Nicolas, and on the other side of you is my grandmother, Grand Luna Sharon." Great. Just great. That snobbish bitch is in Sebastian's family.

As the appetizers were removed, Sebastian's grandfather said, "It is finally nice to know that Sebastian has found his other half. Now, he can finally be happy just like me and my wife, my son and daughter-in-law, and now you and Sebastian. I know that you will be a great addition to our family and kingdom."

"Hpmf, I doubt it." I heard a voice say. Looking over I see Sharon glaring daggers at me.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one who heard her comment because Sebastian, his parents, his grandfather, and the rest of the dinner party stopped all conversation and starting staring at their Grand Luna. They were appalled at her behavior. And frankly, I was too. Just because you don't like me, (even though I did nothing to you), you shouldn't voice rude comments in public.

Even through the awkward silence, she kept talking. "I don't think that she will make a great Queen. Look at her honey! She's weak, she will never get to the throne."

I couldn't bear to finish eating my appetizer, much less stay in the dining hall. With globs of tears falling out of my eyes, I pushed back my chair, getting ready to stand up and leave.

Before I could take a second step, Sebastian firmly, but gently, grasped my arm, leaned down and whispered, "Stay, don't go, my love." Nodding my head I began to sit down, but I was stopped. Sebastian traded places with me, dried my tears with his thumbs, and murmured sweet nothings in my ear.

As the appetizers were being taken away, the various conversations continued and Aldon apologized on his mother's behalf.

"It's fine Aldon. It's not your fault," I say with a sad smile on my face.

During the entire dinner, I got to know more about his family (except for Sharon) and their history.

It just so happens that near the dawn of time, a caravan of animal breeders stumbled upon the spiritual ground dedicated to the Moon goddess. The oracle of his region felt the presence of the travelers as they passed through the barrier. The oracle met with them and blessed them. The goddess wanted to create a new breed, a stronger breed. The name of this variety was to the called Therians and they were to be blessed until the world ends.

"Wow, your history is very beautiful and entertaining. I wish my family had a history such as yours." I say to Sebastian.

"Well what is your family like dear?" Mariam asked.

"My father left my mom and me when I was 5. Ever since, my mom raised me alone. I have no other siblings. She died a few years back."

"Aw, I'm sorry honey. If it makes you feel better, Aldon and I will be your parents. We always wanted a daughter."

"Really?" I asked looking up at Sharon.

Her face was full of sincerity and love. Looking over to Aldon, I see him nodding his head eagerly with a big cheesy smile on his face.

"O...okay, thanks!" I say. I can't believe that they accept me into their family.

This place is starting to feel like a place where I belong. I feel like I'm at home....

"I'm sorry about my grandmother's attitude. She has never been like this before." Sebastian said as we cuddled in bed.

"It's ok, just like I told your father, I'll tell you. It wasn't your fault. There is no need to apologize. If it makes you feel better, I saw how you ignored her during the entire dinner, even when she tried to get your attention." I say kissing him all over his face.

"Of course I ignored her. I don't care who you are. Don't take to my babe like that."

"You are so silly," I say giggling. "Although, I just want to know why she dislikes me."

"Baby, don't worry about her. Don't worry about anything. I will be here to deal with your heartache and hard times. I am the protector of your heart and soul. I'll take care of you." He says while giving me a gentle kiss on the lips. "Now rest, my pet."

And just like that, I fall into a deep slumber.

From the window (/._.)/ to the wall.... \(._.\)

Hi! I hoped you liked it, because I sure did!

I'm planning on updating quite soon and it'd be pretty cool if someone wanted to make me a cover for this book!

Also, if you don't mind, could you please check out my other stories? I promise, you won't be disappointed! : D

I don't have a twitter, but you can definitely follow me on instagram @april_nicole2016

Seeya later!!!

p.s. the picture on the side is of Aldon and Miriam, only picture them older.

Bye!