: eleven

Your eyebrow raised in question, hesitant and disbeliving, then again, I could hardly blame you. "You like me? Like, like-like? Or just like?" Your tongue curled around the word in an unpleasant way, making it mispronounced-something between lick and lake.

Perhaps that was just the cigarette, though.

"Like, I suppose." I shrugged again, and even I was surprised by my manner.

You whistled, unsure of how to act, with stiff limbs and a frigid frame. "Okay, Parker. You're fucking weird."

I smiled at my name. Thankfully, it was untainted by the debilitating cigarette. "I suppose I am, yeah."

Your dark eyes studying me for a few moments, hesitant and wary. Considering me with a harsh point-like the tip of a dagger or a snakes tongue. "I saw you at that party on Friday night, didn't I?"

All I could do was nod, even as I moved to sit down in front of you. It seemed that the only part of my body that didn't work was my throat.

You laughed, hard and rough, sending out smoke from your nose, and I was in full course of the grey stuff. I resisted coughing, the smoke tainting my lungs and holding on. No doubt I'd smell like it, too.

Yet I didn't seem to mind, and the thought terrified me.

"So you say that smoking isn't 'your scene', yet you drink like an alcoholic." Another laugh escapes, and you puff on the stick, end glowing bright with colour.

My body froze, and my head stopped in place, eyebrow raising at you. A half-smirk tilted my lips. "How'd you know?"

Nonchalantly, you shrugged, eyes closing the slightest bit and the quick flash of dark eyelashes sent my heart into a flurry. "I was there the entire night, watching you drink yourself into oblivion, not to mention the haze in your eyes. It actually makes them welcoming, you know. But what happened, girl break up with you?"

I was surprised by the confession, making my blood run hot through my limbs, and I was granted movement once more. "No," I said, shaking my head furiously at my feet before sending them back up to catch your gaze. "I was waiting for someone, and they weren't there."

"Oh," you replied, disappointment lacing your voice. You puffed out again, and I watched the smoke rise. Behind it, you grinned like a child. "You look like a kid. It's cute, really."

"Thanks." I smiled, trying to keep it as small as possible, even as my heart elevated to new heights.

"Hey," you said, voice sudden and full of fun. Your eyes swelled with a flame that I loved; never did I want to see it be blown out. But as soon at was there, it disappeared, fire buzzing away. "You should come to this party tomorrow night at my place. You'll love it."

And I knew I would.

[ dedicated to Pablo_is_me because she's cool as hell and funny as fuck ]