2

They were finally freed. Freed of questions, the stares, the whirring of the machines. It was all too much, too overwhelming when used to the silence of the deep. But, at least the meeting was done for now.

"Eret, you said we had plans? I don't remember what plans we had made." A voice spoke out, causing the emperor to turn their head. Matching eyes locked, the older one softening at the sight of the younger pair. They truly cared for their dear sibling.

"There are no plans for you, [Name]. I just thought it was time we head out. I could tell you were getting bored of the humans, plus you had us come all the way to the Shallows in hopes of swimming around." Eret explains, mandibles moving with each syllable the emperor spoke telepathically. To others, it may be odd, but that was just how emperors were.

The younger emperor couldn't help but giddily bump one of their tentacles against the elder's,  a silent thank you in their true forms. It was much easier to simply bump than to hug when both were over 160 meters long after all. 

"Let us swim around for a bit before I must go. I do need to have a check in with our guard in the Lava Lakes, make sure things are going accordingly for the interior of the Lava Castle." Eret states, eyes glowing ever more slightly as they watched the younger emperor nod their head. With that, the two swam, heading towards the more open waters of the Grassy Plateaus.

Within the half hour, the two emperors could be spotted within the sunlit waters, crimson plants swaying beneath with the currents. The larger of the two was slowly moving along the ocean floor, the plants beneath almost grazing their tentacles. It was obviously a rather leisure swim, no signs of motive to it. Most wouldn't dare swim so close to the creamy white sands, the danger of getting snatched by a Sand Shark or nibbled by a Biter. But, due to the presence of the emperors, all of them had gone into a state of docility. No one dare to be hostile within their area.

The younger emperor on the other hand was not being leisure in their ways. No, they were going much faster, seemingly making an obstacle course of sorts through the pillars of stone and occasional arch they deemed big enough to fit through. Even if they were only a few minutes apart in age, it was obvious who the younger sibling was. 

"Be careful not to get stuck, [Name]. It won't be fun for you if we have to pull you out." Eret calls out, softly chuckling when they nodded back at them. Though, that would be their downfall, being distracted with a warning. Once they turned their attention back to where they had been going, the younger emperor smacked their snout right into a pillar. A soft, pained whine left them, one that Eret was quick to rush over and respond to. Though, they weren't the only one to respond.

"I am so sorry, I didn't mean to distract you!" The larger emperor states, eyes glancing over their snout as the younger rubbed their own mandibles over it in hopes of soothing the soreness. To their own luck, it was only a mere bump, no physical damage seemed to be done. Even with the induced docility of the creatures around, neither knew what might happen if their blood were to be released in the waters. No matter, it would be chaos to say the least.

"Perhaps it's time for you to settle down a bit." A voice states, the two emperors turning to it. There swam a more shadowy beast, one that always seemed to lurk out of sight no matter where they went. He was well known to the two, his dark body contrasting to the porcelain white of the bone-like covering of his face. Unlike the emperors, he lacked tentacles, instead making it up with a sleek body and four webbed legs The neon green eyes he possessed always seemed to be watching, taking in everything as if tracking prey. Even if smaller than both emperors and the sea dragon, he held the aura of being a true threat. Truly, he could be a scary leviathan at times.

"But Dream, I was having fun! I can keep going!" [Name] responds, glowing eyes looking over to the smaller leviathan. The male seemed to silently sigh, predatory pupils locked onto their sore snout before shifting to look into the emperor's eyes.

"You may have the energy, but you are still in pain. Take a break and relax, we don't want to give Eret here a heart attack with another injury." He replies, sending a mere glance to the older emperor, whom had been looking over their dear sibling's snout.

"I will have to agree with Dream on this. Just relax a bit, take a slow swim around." Eret spoke up, earning them a pout from the younger. In all honesty, they were close to caving to [Name], the pout always being a point of weakness for them. But, Dream was quick to step in to save them.

"Here, how about this; We can go on a nice, slow trip down to the Bulb Zone and explore there while your older sibling here goes to talk to the Sea Dragon and that one architect." Dream suggests, letting the two think it over for a moment before they reluctantly nodded.

It took a few minutes, but the group got their bearings in order. The goodbye between the emperors had taken more than a minute, mostly it being Eret making sure [Name] would be fine without them. But, now that it was over, Eret and Dream moved off to the side, out of hearing range of the younger leviathan.

"You will keep them safe, yes?"

"Of course I would. I have been for years now."

"As much as they like the humans, try to keep them away. I don't like the way they stare."

"I've already been doing that, Eret. Now, go and get moving. Gotta make sure Sapnap and Karl aren't ruining your planned home after all."

With that, the emperor swam off, heading towards the path to get down to the Lava Zone, leaving the two leviathans behind. Neon green eyes shifted towards the emperor, whom was watching the Sand Sharks make their way through the plants. He could see the innocent amusement in their glowing eyes... Something he swore to protect.

Nothing shall ever dare mess with his darling emperor.