She is back

years ago,
when I was five years old, I often go grocery with my mom. I was coming with my mother from grocery shopping, I had a bag in my hand, suddenly the ball hit my head and I fell, the oranges in my hand were scattered. When I saw the scattered orange, I started crying. Then Evan came to me and collected all the oranges and gave me. When I looked at Evan, my face turned red and my heart started beating fast. I hid behind my mother since that day, If I see Evan anywhere, my heart would start beating fast and my face would turn red.

*****

My eyes open at the sound of Evan's car. I get up and sit down. And puts my hand on my head. I do not know how many years later this dream has come. I look up at the watch. I quickly get up from the bed And quickly go to the bathroom and wash my face. I look at my face in the mirror, I have slap marks on my cheeks and blood is coming from the side of my lips, I touch my face. My mother has never slapped me, but today I was slapped by my mother-in-law. Tears started flowing from my eyes.
I go to the kitchen and cook food for everyone. Everyone was sitting at the dining table. Evan was also sitting. I did serve food for everyone. I was serving Evan's food.
" What happened to your face?" Evan asked looking at my face. Mrs.Jane was instantly stunned when she heard Evan's question. I didn't say anything, It's not something new, Mrs.Jane always hit me whenever she likes.
"Aubrey, I'm asking you something, what happened to your face?" Evan asked me again with his authoritative voice.
I looked at grandmother and she shook her head in No.
"Nothing, I accidentally bump," I replied, With a stupid excuse.
When I saw that Evan was still looking at my face, I pulled my hair towards my cheek. Evan got up from his chair and stood in front of me. I don't understand why he is behaving like this, He pulled back the hair that was coming down on my face.
" Who hit you?" Evan inquired.
"No one," I reply not meeting eyes with Evan.
"Who hit you?" Aaron asked, yelling and raising his eyebrows. I got scared and looked at Evan.
"Who?" He asked. I looked toward Mrs.Jane. Evan followed my gaze and looked at his mother. Seeing Evan at her Mrs. Jane was scared.
"Mom, did you hit her?" Evan asked.
"So, what if someone hit her a little bit, then it is also her fault that she went to your office without informing us. We were all worried.
" Grandma said. Evan looked at his grandmother in amazement. "Grandma, if she goes outside for a while, then you will hit her? it is your justice to be done. I never questioned your decision because I know that whatever you do, you will do it right. But to hit someone is wrong. " Evan said,
"Evan instead of taking your mother's side, you are taking this maid's side," Mrs. Jane raised a question, Evan.
"I am not taking anyone's side, Mom. But what you did was wrong" Evan explained.
" I Haven't killed her, She's alive, You behaving as if I murder her," said Mrs. Jane.
"Mother, you should apologize to Aubrey after considering your mistake," Evan told his mother.
" I will never apologize to this maid." Jane refused.
" Mom, I didn't expect from you," Evan said angrily. Mrs.Jane angrily stands up from her chair and goes to me and grabs at my neck.
"Mother, what are you doing," Aaron screamed. I start crying while struggling to remove Mrs. Jane's hand from my neck.
" You are fighting with me because of This low-class maid." Mrs. Jane speaks in anger.
"Mom, please stop this" Aaron yells at his mother.
In anger, Mrs. Jane went to her room. "Sorry," Evan said to me and went to his room.
"Happy now, You got happiness, because of you the mother and son fighting against each other." Grandma looked at me angrily and said.
I was crying with my head down and standing. when I heard her grandmother's voice, I did not say anything and went to my room. After some time I heard a knock on the door of my room. When I opened the door, Evan was standing with a first aid kit in his hand.
"can I come in?" Evan asked. I shook her head and said yes and stood by the side.
"Why are you standing, come and sit," Evan said pointing to me on the sofa. I went and sat on the sofa by Evan's side. Evan take out the anticipated and applied it to cotton and applied it near my lips. I hissed. Evan blew on my injury. I feel his blow on my face. My face turn red and my heart beat faster. I look at his face so closely for the first time. His eyes are brown and his nose is sharp and pointed. He has thin lips. I want to touch these lips.
"Forgive me for what my mother did."
When I heard Evan's voice, I came out of my fantasies. I looked into Evan's eyes and spoke.
"I am also wrong, I should have told them before going."
"It's not your fault," said Evan, looking into my eyes. They were looking into each other's eyes when Evan raised his hand and rubbed the slap marks on my cheeks. I closed my eyes, I wanted to feel Evan's touch. Evan looked at my face, I kept my eyes closed. Evan's eyes travel on my closed eyes then his eyes fell on my nose. Then my lips were swollen and thick. Evan brought his hand to my lips and touched my soft lips with his thumb. When I feel his rough hand on my lips my body gets stiff. He rubbed my lower lip with his thumb like he was asking permission to open it. I opened my lips and Evan inserted his thumb inside my mouth, he touched my tongue which was very soft. my saliva was dripping from the side of my mouth. My tongue was moving along with Evan's thumb. Then Aaron's phone rang, and both of us were astonished. Evan took out his thumb and left the room.
I was looking at his leaving figure. When Evan left my room, I touched my lips with my hand And a smile came on my face. I was happy that for the first time in these 3 years my husband take my side and touched me. If it is lust, I don't care I just want him to need me. I couldn't sleep the whole night. I woke up early in the morning and saw my face in the mirror and a smile came to my lips. I went to the kitchen and cooked food for everyone.
"You look very happy today," Mrs.Jane come from behind me. When I heard Mrs.Jane's voice, I was jolted. turns and sees Mrs.Jane standing behind me.
"You are happy to make my son fight with me." Mrs. Jane said. I didn't say anything and just looked down.
"But don't be too happy because what I am about to see you will take away your all happiness." Saying this, Mrs.Jane picked up the newspaper from the table and handed it to me. I was looking at Mrs. Jane in confusion. When I looked at the newspaper, my hands and feet became lifeless. My hands began to tremble. The newspaper had a photo of Evan and his longtime girlfriend Cassie. Cassie was kissing Evan's lips.
Cassie is Evan's high-school girlfriend who moved out of the country to manage her dad's business three years ago before Evan and I got married. But I never thought that she would come back. Newspaper from my hands fell. Mrs.Jane was laughing seeing Aubrey's expression.
" Aubrey, Cassie is back in Evan's life, what will you do now?" After saying this, Mrs.Jane started laughing. Tears started flowing from my eyes.
"What did you think that Evan took your side so he will accept you as his wife, No, He was pity on you. go and cook breakfast, this is your job in this house." Mrs.jane said to me.
I came back to the kitchen and started crying.
" What about last night Evan? Why do you give me hope that our marriage might work." I mumbled. I close my eyes my tears falling side of her eyes.
" How can you imagine that Evan Cooper will consider you as his wife when he has not considered you as his wife in three years? How much you will make yourself fool, Aubrey? He will never consider you as his wife. His girlfriend is back. These people will throw you out of this house where will you go?" I just muttered to myself.
Mrs.Jane stood outside the kitchen watching me crying. There was a devil smile on her face.
" I will throw you out of this house and out of my son's life." Mrs.Jane said.