The story

Hansel(9 years) , Gretel(7 years)

Hansel was a clever boy.
When he and his sister reached here, they were surprised how they were not in the same jungle as they were before... The scenery had changed...

It was as if they were in another world and indeed they were. But for now, he had to find a safe place for himself and his unconscious sister...

After a long search, with Gretel in his arms, he found a cave inside a waterfall. He kept Gretel at the banks and went underwater and found no beastly animals in it. He decided to stay there for some time...

He made a comfortable place for his sister and went for searching dry sticks in the forest. When he returned, he found his sister worried sick... It looked as if she was searching for him... This made Hansel a little happy from the inside. As soon as Gretel saw Hansel, she hugged him without a second thought...

Gretel- Brother! Where had you gone? What is this place? How did we reach here? An--- Huh!!??! What happened to you? Your feet are bleeding! You need to sit! 

Hansel- There's no need sister.

Gretel- No need!? You tell me you don't need my care!!?? 

Hansel- No... but...

Gretel- Then sit quietly and let me do my work!!

Gretel collected water from the waterfall in large leaves that she found in the cave, tore some cloth, and started cleaning her brother's wounds... She was concentrated on her work...

Hansel was astonished at his sister's matured self... Had she matured so much after staying in the captivity of the witch? Had she become so mature? 

Hansel got lost in his thoughts...

FLASHBACK
The first time their father left them in the forest, they escaped with the help of the pebbles that Hansel had collected.

But the second time, they had lost their way and reached a hut made up of candies. An old lady welcomed them. In the beginning, they were quite happy but soon they discovered that behind the façade was a witch with the motive of eating them up.

The witch caged Hansel and made Gretel cook food for him so that he could eat and become fat enough for the witch to eat him.

But when the witch's plans were not successful, she simply decided to kill the girl.
But Gretel was also clever like her brother. She understood the intentions of the witch and trapped the witch in her own trap and killed her.

Then she freed her brother and both were just about to return to their father when Gretel remembered the chest kept securely in the witch's room.

She dragged Hansel with her to see what was inside the box. The witch always forbid her to touch the chest and little Gretel was too curious to let the chance go... She opened the chest... But as soon as she opened it, a bright light along with a strong force pulled them into the box and now they are here, in front of the castle.
Why did they reach there? What was in the chest? How did they even come to this place?
Did they time travel?

With all these questions in mind, Hansel was roaming in the forest and hence found the hidden cave...

FLASHBACK OVER

Gretel- BROTHER! BROTHER! Come to Earth Brother!

Gretel broke her trance of Hansel. He saw that his sister had done quite the job of healing his wound... He started to stand up to go in to search for food and make the fire... The night was soon going to fall...

Gretel- What? Where are you going?! Sit down this instant! You are not going anywhere!

Hansel got scared of their attitude toward Gretel because every time she showed such an attitude, she was upset over something. And.... it didn't take a genius to realize the thing she was upset over...

Hansel- I know we are alone here but we need to find supplies for staying tonight if we want to survive... We will soon find a way to return sis...

Gretel- (crying) But, but, you don't understand! We are alone here! There are only both of us here! Dad is waiting for us at our hut, how are we going to return? And now, you are also trying to get yourself killed! You are going away! You... you... IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO YOU, WHAT WILL I DO!!! (Sobs)

Hansel- I-I am sorry, pls don't cry, sis. I won't be going out there... Nothing will happen to you, I am not leaving you, I will always be there for you... pls, don't cry! PLEASE?

Hansel starts making funny faces to make his sister laugh. Soon, not able to resist the urges to laugh, Gretel gives in, and both end up rolling on the cave floor.

Suddenly some noises reach the bro-sis duo's ears, they realize, their stomachs were growling, and both end up laughing. So, Gretel goes to collect some fruits from the forest and fish from the waterfall. While Hansel makes a comfy bed and fire for both of them...

After eating their dinner and saving a few fruits for the morning, both go to sleep...