Chapter 2

An hour passed by. Hell, I didn't even realize it. I mean, who could guess that outside of his nasty personality Draco was actually funny. 

"No way, there's no way you actually did that? To snape?" I laughed. 

"I know! I was given detention because of it!" 

"well of course, Snape is a hot head after all!" He pauses, "aren't you guys close though?" 

"Yea, I see him like another father to me. Once he warms up, he is actually a great person. Not much different than you."

We both paused for a second, "Draco..." He hummed in response, "what is your problem with me?" 

"what do you mean?"

"I mean, I don't know. You always seem to have a problem with me, pick on me. Which I don't mind but I guess I was wondering what's rooting all of it?" 

"I guess I have been quite annoying to you haven't I?"

"Quite, " i agree. 

"I don't really know how to explain. I don't really talk about it to anyone really." 

"well that's fine, how about this." I pause, taking the wheel since we were 30 minutes away, "We can take turns telling, confessing, things we don't know about each other. I'll start. I was adopted by my parents, which didn't bother me until last year. I thought padfoot loved Harry more than me, because they would spend more time together which made me resent him, both of them, for a while." 

He gasped to mock me, "You? Mad at potter?" He laughs. 

"Yea but I'm over it, padfoot and I talked about it together." I smiled, reminiscing the thought. 

"Wow, uh thanks for telling me," He paused, "I guess it's my turn. I never hated you, y/n, I just hated that I couldn't be as smart as you. I mean, you knew all the answers to anything any teacher asked. I guess i was jealous that you didn't feel the need to constantly prove yourself."

I was taken back by the fact that he took this game seriously, "Okay, I'm sorry about that. But seriously Draco, you are one of the brightest students under all that thick skin. You just need to recognize it love." that last part slipped out so i quickly changed the topic, "My turn, uh I used to envy you as well-"

"Don't bluff y/n" He scoffs. 

"No, really, I was. I am. I wish I had the confidence you do, I mean you're tall, handsome, healthy. I am not exactly the fit type. But i realized those were intrusive thoughts." 

"What were?" 

"I don't know, that you would never want to be friends with me because I am not exactly attractive." 

"Wait friends or...?" My heart dropped. 

"I've thought about it. I sorted out the question of you returning it."

"I... I'm sorry y/n, really." Oh. 

"No! it's fine, I would like to stay friends. please, I couldn't possibly handle it if we weren't." 

"Sure, I guess it's my turn. Well, we both know my father." I nodd, I wasn't really focusing on what he was saying because my head was clouded with the fact that i had just confessed. My eyes were welling but I couldn't let him know, "yea he sort of has these... nights. Where he isn't himself. It's scary, and when I was a kid, my mom would take..." 

"we don't have to talk about it," I say looking at him. 

"Yea, uh but I promise I'll tell you. Wow, look at us, becoming best friends in the span of two hours." Right. Best friends. Only.