The Age Of Steel: Part 1

As the Cybermen continue to approach {Y/N} has an idea. Reaching into the Doctor's pocket she pulls out the power cell and uses its energy on the Cybers in front of them. A flow of bright golden energy emits from the device disintegrating the Cybers to create a path for the group.

"Oooh, good plan." The Doctor smiles at {Y/N}.

"What the hell was that?" Rickey shouts.

"Or, how about instead, run!" The Doctor grabs {Y/N}'s hand and leads the group towards the van that drove alongside them.

"Everybody, in!" The lady driving shouts. Pete runs past the van and heads towards the building.

"{Y/N} get in the van!" The Doctor shouts as he grabs Pete.

"I've got to go back. My wife's in there." Pete says.

"Anyone inside that house is dead. If you want to help, then don't let her die for nothing. You've got to come with us right now." The Doctor says, he pushes Pete towards the van before going to Rose.

"Come on! Get a move on!" The lady shouts as she honks the van horn.

"Rose, she's not your mother." The Doctor says seriously.

"I know."

"Come on." The Doctor ushers Rose to the back of the van where {Y/N} was waiting.

"Finished chatting? Never seen a slower getaway in my life!" After the Doctor hops in she starts the van while {Y/N} closes the door.

"What was that thing?" Rickey asks, pointing towards {Y/N} who was holding her chest uncomfortably.

"Little bit of technology from our home." The Doctor explains.

"It's stopped glowing. Has it run out?" Mickey asks.

"It's on a revitalising loop - It'll charge back up in about four hours..." {Y/N} says as she takes in deep shuddering breaths.

"Right. So, we don't have a weapon anymore." Rickey says.

"Yeah, we've got weapons. Might not be one of those metal things, but they're good enough for men like him." The man called Jake points towards Pete.

"Leave him alone. What's he done wrong?" Rose says defensively.

"Oh, you know, just laid a trap that's wiped out the Government and left Lumic in charge." Jake spits out.

"If I was part of all that, do you think I'd leave my wife inside?" Pete says.

"Maybe your plan went wrong. Still gives us the right to execute you, though." Rickey hisses.

"Talk about executions, you'll make me your enemy." The Doctor says as he rubs over {Y/N}'s back. "And take some really good advice. You don't want to do that." The Doctor turns his attention back to {Y/N}. "You alright, sweetness?"

"Y-yeah. Just uncomfortable..." {Y/N} says through gritted teeth. It felt as though her heart was about to explode, everything just felt too tight.

"All the same, we have evidence that says Pete Tyler's been working for Lumic since twenty point five." Rickey says sternly.

"Is that true?" Rose asks sadly.

"Tell them, Mrs. M." Rickey says to the lady who was driving.

"We've got a government mole who feeds us information. Lumic's private files, his South American operations, the lot. Secret broadcasts twice a week." Mrs. M says.

"Broadcast from Gemini?" Pete asks.

"And how do you know that?" Rickey asks venomously.

"I'm Gemini. That's me."