More than a trainer!

Greninjia's POV:

The moment I saw Ashes condition worsen, I knew I had to do something. He was my trainer and hearing his thoughts made me sad but it was getting better. Now that he was questioning his thoughts it could get all better. The only thing I had to do now was be by his side no matter what.

His body temperature is quite high.

I wonder what I could do for that.

Maybe get him a berry?

No.

That won't work on humans at all.

I should bring him to the village myself.

We can't wait till it gets worse.

Humans are frail creatures and his mind is frail enough currently.

Let's wait for a bit and see.

It could also get better.

My wishfull thinking never happened at all. His fever got worse and I started to get more and more concerned until, I decided to carry him on my back while having his back on my tounge. He needed help and I knew that much. Now all I had to do was run, run as fast as I could to get to the village.

It wasn't close that much was true but I was fast and a true ninja could be as fast to get there. Of course I tried my best to be as quick as possible and so when I managed to get to a nearby post of the ninja's that I knew, I slowed down.

Me: GRENINJA!

I screamed out at them. Hiden Ninja's that I knew and that Ash helped out once. They had to recognice him and me. That was what I thought but they didn't came out of hiding so I created a shurican of water and threw it close to ones head. 

Me: GRENINJA!

This time the ninja stopped hidding and came out. I walked towards the man who I recognized and came out. It was no other than Sampei. We managed to find him a lot over the journey I had with Ash.

Sampei: Wait... is that.. ASH!

Finally he realized what was going on and his partner Greninja came out too. 

Me: Greninja!

Greninja: Ninja!

Me: Greninja, Ninja!

A small talk between us, I told this greninja that my trainer was hurt and needed help. Sampei saw it as well as he came over and I didn't let him touch Ash at all. It was my duty to protect him after all.

Sampei: Come with me. I have a small base nearby. 

I nodded.

Thank god I found them but he is weird.

Still hiding in places one can easily find him.

He never learns at all.

Really...

At least they are still close to this area.

I am happy the ninja's have a couple of posts around this area before their main village comes after some miles away.

Now following Sampei inside, a couple of other ninjas where there too and they all saw me and Ash. The ones that recognized me, hurried over and took Ash from my shoulder. They were so kind as to show me a room where they put him down and started treating him.

Ash....

I am sorry for what you have encountered so far.

But I want you to understand that I will always be with you.

There will not be a second time your pokemons will abandone you.

I promise.

I will stay with you forever.

Now please get better.

I also don't want to lose a good friend.

You are far more than a trainer to me after all.

Me: Greninja.

Once again, I saw sitting close to Ash, making sure he was fine but more importantly making sure he wouldn't kill himself like he was thinking in his toughts. They were too dark for me and I could also feel the emotions behind them which I didn't liked at all. Still seeing that he started questioning himself made me happy and I wanted to give him back something he gave me when I was still a Froakie. He gave me hope and also the will to fight and get stronger backing me up, no matter how many times I lost.

Sampei: Where is his Pikachu?

Me: Greninja!

Greninja: Ninja?

Me: GRE-NIN-JA!

I created some water beanthe me and was about to warn them while I was kneeling on the ground. There was no need to talk about them around him. That was my point. I also didn't like seeing them question soo much. It was just something that wouldn't help Ash at all. 

Greninja: Ninja! Greninja!

Stupid!

I won't let you ask these question to my friend and trainer!

How dare you even think you could fight me!

Now standing up, I had a weapon created of water in my hands and went in front of Ash protectivly. I knew these people were more ignorant but Sampei was a bit... well on the dumb side. He couldn't take a hint lightly at all. Thankfully the adult who just came in to check did and immediately got Sampei and the Greninja out of the room.

After that they apologized to me.

What Ash did for them was more than just helping out. He basically saved them all. This was the minimum they could do for him. 

How ignorant.

Asking about Pikachu while I was there.

Do they think he needs him?

NO!

I will be his closest partner.

I will not let them throw his mind back to whatever happened at all.

We spent the night there but unfortunatelly his fever just got worse over the night and I could only be happy that I brought him over and not stayed at the cave. Who knows what could have happened. From what I could tell, he could have even died but now... I don't know if this was any better.

Ash: ... Why...

Me: Greninja!

Why what?

Ash: Pikachu...

No.

He is haveing a flashback!

This is bad.

I should wake him up.

I wonder if I can tho.

I tried my best waking him up but he wouldn't budge at all instead I decided to just grab his hand and stay a lot closer to him to reasure him that I was there. It worked to some extend because he finally stopped whinning and his facial expression losened up a lot.

Good.

I will be here for you.

Always remember this Ash!

I will be there for you as you were there for me.

We spend the next 3 days in this small outpost until he got better. After that we slowly moved on to the village. All the while we continued to make breaks and I made sure there would be no wild pokemon attacking us at all. Besides that I got him some berries for food and some water. He needed someone to care for him and I would be the one doing it if he didn't had anyone else. There was no question about it.