Planning

Oh, once in your life you find someone
Who will turn your world around
Bring you up when you're feelin' down

Yeah, nothin' could change what you mean to me
Oh, there's lots that I could say
But just hold me now
'Cause our love will light the way

Bryan Adams, Heaven

"Pietro Maximoff, Live Wire," a young man said rather breathlessly after Ella had opened the door.

"Nice to meet you," Ella said, moving back and gesturing with a crutch. "Come on in."

"What happened?" the journalist asked. "We can reschedule if we need to."

"I tripped," Ella said ruefully. "It's ok, I'll be sitting for the interview. We had the photographer a couple days ago."

"Uncharacteristic klutziness," Bucky said, coming up behind Ella and kissing her cheek. "If you want to sit down, sweetheart, I'll bring some coffee. And brownies. Bella baked yesterday, I helped, they're delicious." Ella grinned at him.

She took Pietro into the music room, letting him look around as she got settled in a comfortable chair, placing the crutches out of the way. Pietro sat in a nearby chair and she watched as he got set up. He looked familiar.

"Maximoff... I know a Wanda Maximoff," she said thoughtfully.

"My sister," Pietro said factually. "We went to J school together, but she turned out to have a real flair for publicity and went that way."

Ella smiled. "She really is good. I didn't know she had a brother."

"Twins."

"My condolences," she said drily, and Pietro laughed.

"They can be a blessing and a curse, can't they?" he said, amused. "Wanda and I have a friendly rivalry. But Bruce didn't use her to get this interview."

"I know. Bruce called me about it, and he's been very fair, so it was easy to say yes to the request for an interview." Bucky bustled in, tray in hand, setting it down on a table and asking Pietro his preference. He brought over black coffee, a couple of brownies on a plate, and a napkin before fussing over Ella, placing an ottoman under her foot before bringing her treats. He took a seat far enough away to keep the focus on Ella but near enough to participate if asked.

"These are really good," Pietro said as he ate a brownie quickly, chasing the richness with bracing coffee.

"I took some classes when I came out here," Ella said. "I wasn't much of a cook before, but I don't want to live on takeout or TV dinners. There's a great program at Mission College."

"Interesting," Pietro said, "I wouldn't have thought a big star would be taking classes at a community college."

"Their reputation is enviable, I was lucky to get in," Ella said. "I could barely keep up with my classmates. I'm finishing up some classes at UCLA too, learning about music production and the business. I like to have a firm academic background for my projects. I don't feel confident enough in my abilities to just pick up everything I need." She smiled.

"What made you decide to go into producing?" Pietro asked, and they were off. Ella always tried to give good answers during interviews, respecting the time and resources that went into the interview itself and publishing it, and it was hard work. After a couple of hours, they took a break when Bucky waved an aspirin bottle at Ella. Pietro came back from the bathroom and resettled himself, looking between them.

"You two look cute," he said. "Any wedding bells in your future?"

Ella smiled. "Eventually, yeah," she said. "But we're in no rush." They had decided not to announce their engagement for a while, primarily to just enjoy their secret together, talk about some plans without pressure, and partly because they were expecting a fuss over it. They hadn't told anyone, not even Becca. They decided for her not to wear her ring at all around others until they were ready to announce.