Chapter 3

||Rimuru||

Things have been going smoothly around Tempest, in fact these past few days things are going way too good. It's almost as if it's a warning that a storm is coming. I still can't get that story Youm told me out of my head, Ciel-san seems to be feeling the same.

"Good morning Rimuru-sama" Shion greets Rimuru with a smile.

"Oh good morning too Shion" rimuru replies.

"Are you going somewhere?" Shion asks, tilting her head.

"Not really, I'm just bored so I'm walking around town" Rimuru replies while looking at a group of goblin kids playing.

"Oh by the way, Shion have you seen Diablo today? It's odd for him to just randomly disappear" Rimuru asks
"I don't think I have rimuru-sama, I did see him last night though. He said he was going to see something near the old  labyrinth of Ramiris-sama but that was last night, I haven't seen him today" Shion replies.

(The old labyrinth of Ramiris? What could Diablo possibly be doing there?)

"Ah I see, well then I'm just gonna go back to my office, thanks Shion"

Don't you think it's odd for Diablo to randomly disappear, ciel?

<<"Indeed I do master, Diablo is very clingy to you and would do anything in his power to be with you all the time so it's definitely odd for him to disappear without saying a word.">>

What about we check the location where the old labyrinth used to be at?

<<"I agree with you master">>

Well then, I i guess I'm going to that location. As far as I know I think it was condemned as a "sacred place" and humans nor monsters (and especially demons) would normally not be allowed to go there, so why is diablo going there?

I teleported to the old place where the old labyrinth of ramiris used to be at.

It completely changed, I barely recognized it, it was like a natural disaster but it... wasn't. The place was overflowing with magicules, an average human, no, even a human like the holy knights wouldn't survive here considering the state this place is in.

The forest was half-destroyed, most of the tress were burnt, and what's even more disturbing is that there were three corpses. Human corpses.

I examined the corpses even tho it's barely even recognizable cause it was just horrible.. Way too horrible. It was like they were eaten alive by hyenas, but it could also be possibly because of the toxicity of the overflowing magicules in here.

By the looks of it there were information particles floating around, so I decided to let Ciel handle it.

<<"Master this is..">>

• • •

"Man, what a mess this place is" I said as i wondered around looking at weird craters all over the place.

<<"These craters are caused by an explosion of magicules. It seems like it could have been prevented if the large amount of magicules that exploded here weren't disturbed by someone or some people.">>

What do you mean by that Ciel?

<<"I examined the craters and by the looks of it, it seems like the magicules that exploded there or rather disturbed were at least kept in a place or trapped in a secluded area for thousands of years.">>

So these magicules that are overflowing in this area are magicules that have been left untouched by the "outside" world for thousands of years?

<<"Indeed my lord">>

I see. So that would explain why the magicules floating around here are quite toxic, it seems like it being left untouched by the magicules outside has triggered a reaction once they were disturbed causing the explosion.

"Hm? Rimuru-sama? May I ask what your majesty is doing here?" Diablo asks as he kneels in front of me once spotting me in the distance.

"Actually I'm here because I was looking for you, I was wondering where you went cause it's definitely odd of you to jus randomly disappear." I said as I look around to see what diablo's been up to.

"Ohh-" Diablo says like he'd seen heaven (or hell) "My liege looking for me? I- I can gladly die now" He says as he cries tears of joy.

Anyways, what was he doing here?

"What were you up to Diablo? This place is a whole mess you know" I ask.

"I felt a weird sensation Rimuru-sama" he says as he stands up "An old friend is coming back. Red's old friend."

Red's old friend? Does this "old friend" have something to do with what happened in this place? I mean it was just an explosion of magicules but there's got to be something deeper than it right?

Plus it's definitely confirmed now that Guy is included in all of this.

I can't get rid of it. There's a weird sensation I feel, it's quite troubling. But oh well.

• • •

"What you said is quite interesting Ciel, In fact you've already known about it at the start haven't you? Well of course I have too but now that we've made direct contact. There's no mistaking it."

<<"Indeed master">>

.........................................................................