XXX

XXX

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

She awoke the next morning pressed against a warm body and a soft sigh escaped her. It took several breaths for Lillian's eyes to pop open as realisation began to dawn on her.

Her vision cleared and her mind oriented itself to the morning light filtering into the chamber, and her body stilled entirely.

The male beside her was sprawled on his back, an arm tucked behind his head that was turned to her as she lay upon his shoulder, the other arm wrapped around her protectively. It took her a couple of moments to determine that he was asleep yet, muted sunlight dappling his skin invitingly, and that's when Lillian allowed herself to relax and take pleasure in simply studying him.

In sleep, Aëghan was devoid of his cavalier veneer, his edge of titillating wickedness. The devastating contours of his face were peaceful in rest, his lashes laying heavily upon the cusp of his cheeks while his inky hair sprawled haphazardly across his brow and pillow.

She admired the slant of his nose, the full lines of his wide lips and strong jaw, before travelling down the length of his throat to the steady and even rise of his chest.

He was, she knew, a fine specimen and well he knew it, too, but she couldn't help but appreciate the thick slabs of muscle and flesh that stretched over the expanse of his torso. Her gaze continued south, lingering on the taut ridges and valleys of his abdomen, and it was only when she strayed to that solitary freckle she found absolutely fascinating above his navel that she realised where the covers had drifted, the edge draped scandalously low across his hips.

And the massive bulge tenting the fabric.

Her eyes snapped back up to the male's face in shock, but Aëghan was still resplendently indolent in his slumber and didn't appear inclined to rouse at all despite his body's evident need to.

Lillian's curiosity got the better of her and once more she allowed her gaze to drop, her fingers skirting over the warm flesh of his stomach. Surprisingly, she couldn't find it within herself to be shocked at her blatantly bold actions.

She wanted to touch him. She practically itched with the desire to touch him.

She doubted there would be a day that passed that she didn't want to lavish in the sensation of being pressed up against his naked body.

When her fingers strayed to the edge of the coverlet, she hesitated, sure that the muscles beneath her fingers twitched-

"Curiosity, I am told," his sleep-heavy voice murmured, his lips moving against her hair, "killed the cat."

She snapped her gaze to his, tilting her head back against his shoulder, and even though his face still wore the effects of his slumber, his eyes were alert with desire.

The overall effect of a sleepy and aroused Aëghan made her mouth dry and lower abdomen clench.

As if he knew this, he grinned lazily and caught her hand that had strayed over his skin and flattened it against his stomach. "I am not averse to you assuaging your curiosity, little cat. Let me assure you that the end result will be nothing short of pleasurable for the both of us."

He guided her hand under the covers, using his fingers to curl hers around the base of his hard shaft with a tightness that surprised her.

"You have a terribly high opinion of your abilities," Lillian said provokingly.

"Have I not proven the right to them?"

"You cannot expect me to answer that."

His gaze darkened and all residue of sleep fled his countenance with startling alacrity. He had flipped her onto her back before she had a full comprehension of her world tilting, and then he leaned over her with devilish intent blazing through his gaze.