| The Final Bow |

Throughout the week, I continued to pass by the meeting room for updates and everytime that prophecy would make itself known with every stroll. I came to the conclusion that Scaramouche was indeed trying to retrieve the Electro Gnosis for himself because the whispers in the air sounded clearer and more pronounced everytime I heard them repeated. It felt like a sign.

To conclude, Scaramouche had his own hidden agenda and he was just as much of a traitor as I was. He'd managed to slither his way into the Fatui and topped the ranks by capturing a seat amongst the Harbingers. He likely did this to gain a large amount of power before he began his journey to retrieving his heart. That's impressive, I'll give him that. Unfortunately, it made him all the more dangerous and with this new found knowledge, I was putting my position at risk. If he were to find out that I was in the knowing of his plan, he would no doubt lunge for my throat and shred me to ribbons. Well, try to anyway.

Not an option.

So, I remained out of his way the entire week. My fingers played the lyre like magic by the Tsaritsa's side as usual and every second of the day was experienced with bated breath as I prayed that everything would go to plan. Even if it didn't, I could still get away relatively unscathed but I'd much rather have my safety guaranteed.

No packing was necessary because everything I valued could be kept safely on my person and I wanted to completely sever my ties to this nation. The mere idea of returning back to Mondstat where four seasons regularly cycled and bountiful life chirped and giggled at every turn was exhilarating. I had much catching up to do with old acquaintances and hours of lounging on rooftops and the branches of the trees to make up for. Not to mention playing my songs with other fellow musicians in the city.

Meanwhile, the palace was teetering on the edge of an anxious breakdown as every maid, every soldier kept their eyes peeled for a mole slipping in the shadows. Only the Harbingers and few (completely innocent) suspects were in the knowing of the plan that would take place soon. And soon came much faster than I anticipated.

~~~

The day of the attack was upon us. My nerves made my bones jittery and on more than one occasion did my form flicker into pure winds, losing its physical weight. I whispered a short prayer and strummed a few stress relieving songs before the sun rose, signalling for me to depart my dorm for the last time.

This room had been my lodgings for the past 6 years and whilst it may have been shabby and more on the smaller side, it was comfortable and cosy. I was looked after in this palace and for that I was grateful. That was as far as my gratitude stretched however, because this land of turmoil and snow storms and shadowing spies was never my home. At every turn, my guard was up and soon I'd grown tired of keeping an eye over my shoulder at all times.

In Mondstat, I could live freely and glide in the winds with my fallen friends just how we did millenias ago. That was my motivation. This would all be over soon and in the process, I'd be marking myself as a threat to this destructive organisation but I am more than willing to take on that responsibility. Whilst their objectives of taking down Celestia are admirable, they have caused too much pain and suffering for the innocent and I cannot condone that. Had they approached the situation in a different way, perhaps a compromise could be made. Additionally, as largely aware as I am that manipulating the fear of others to your advantage is what hands you the power, it goes against my purpose of bringing freedom to this world. For that, I will fight even if my life is on the line. That'd the role I was made for.

Chin tipped up and back straightened, I headed towards the meeting room with a confidence that was strong but shaky. The fact remains that I will be in a room with 11 of the most ruthless and merciless people in the nation. Their power combined could likely end a second Archon War and that means my timing will have to be meticulous.