| Caught In A Trap |

My eyes followed the swish of his veil as if it were a swinging clock trying to hypnotise me to sleep. Apparently, the 'nearby' abandoned lodge was in fact a good hour long walk and we were still yet to catch sight of a small, deserted house in the biggest forest of Snezhnaya. From time to time, I would skip on the branches of the trees or match my steps to the footprints left behind by Scaramouche. The journey was awfully boring.

We had agreed not to make any conversation for the sake of keeping our arguments to the minimum but the winds that rattled by were gossiping like a gathering of mothers and it was giving me a painful headache. So, my next best course of action was to stare at the vieil of his hat that had never seemed so pretty as it did now in the midst of a winter forest.

Suddenly, my hand was reaching out and I could feel the fabric of it. It was silky and soft. Just how I imagined it would feel. I've never known what different fabrics feel like. I can hardly feel the texture of my own skin, let alone the material of my clothes. It was still so hard to wrap my head around all the things that had happened recently. I might have been hasty when jumping to make a deal with the Harbinger in front of me but I don't think I regretted any of it yet.

Sure, he can't be conversed with but i'm sure we can come to an understanding one day. Perhaps this day won't come for many years but i'm in no hurry. I've always suffered with the habit of trying to see the best in people, trying to befriend anyone I meet. Somewhere beneath the hateful glares and spiteful words, I was upset that he immediately chose to dislike me. I wondered what I could have possibly done to make him so distant and easily irritated. This mission didn't require us to be friendly, that I know. For that reason, I won't try to make him like me. However I would like to know why he shows such animosity towards me.

"What are you doing?! Get off," snapped Scaramouche.

He manoeuvred the veil till it was behind him and out of my reach. Once again, he was sporting a vexed scowl that was likely because of me. I couldn't avoid sighing helplessly. The Sixth Harbinger was completely unapproachable.

After giving me a warning with the lasers shooting from his eyes, he turned around gracefully and marched ahead. How does he do that? Everything he does looks as if it's part of a performance or a dance. He makes it look as if he's a lily floating on still water. I envied his lack of clumsiness. Scaramouche was basically the epitome of perfection. Not even his looks could be faulted. If only that leering sneer and cruel laugh didn't taint his sophisticated image.

I chose to match my step with his and walk by his side rather than follow behind him like a lost puppy. Studying his side profile discreetly, I noticed how soft his hair looked and I had the sudden urge to run my hands through it. I've never felt what hair feels like.

"Can I touch your hair?" I asked curiously.

He gave me an incredulous look. "Sure. That is, if you want to lose a hand of course."

I pursed my lips and looked away with disappointment when another question cropped up. "Can I hold your hand then?"

"No, of course you can't," he frowned at me. "What is wrong with you? Why are you asking these questions all of a sudden? And what did you mean earlier when you asked if I can touch you?"

I stopped walking and decided to demonstrate my answer before explaining. Reaching down to the ground, I attempted to pick up a twig that only whisked right through my hand. The snow refused to be touched by me either.

"Because I'm more wind than human, other humans can't touch me and objects that aren't of divine sources merely go through me. I can't even feel my own skin really. However, this doesn't apply to divine beings such as Archons and apparently you which is why I had such a surprised reaction to having a physical body when you uh... tried to strangle me to death then impale me with your sword," I stated bluntly. "If I focus my anemo energy to particular parts of my body, I can hold regular objects for short periods of time. It doesn't work on people unfortunately."