| Forgive and Forget |

We were currently perched up on a rock near the entrance of Liyue city. Merchants with carts and people with their playful children entered and exited over the bridge as we kept our eyes peeled for any signs of danger. There were two problems we would face whilst being in Liyue. The first was the Fatui (obviously) and the second was the troublesome Millelith. Whilst we were aware of the problems the Fatui could cause us, the Millelith were twice as inconvenient.

They had a tendency to blow things way out of proportion and arrest anyone remotely suspicious if their orders required them to do so. It was their job which was understandable but at the moment, we needed to avoid them at all costs. It was just our luck that for some reason the city was swarming with those polearm wielding soldiers.

For the life of me, I could not remember which event required this much security. Usually, I was adept at utilising the knowledge I had of all the regions from my travels but with the stress of running for my life countless times in the last 48 hours, my brain functions were lagging and I wasn't even sure what day it was. Not to mention the wide variety of festivals that all the regions hosted around the clock,

Scaramouche and I watched from our hiding place for changes in patrols or blind spots we could slip past. A notice board not so far away from us showed various wanted posters that likely housed a flattering portrait of myself. If only an ability of anemo was shape shifting.

"What do we do? At this rate, we'll never get in," I whispered frustratingly. "Besides, you're hardly inconspicuous yourself. Your outfit screams Harbinger and with the Northland Bank being such an important location here, you'll be spotted instantly."

The Harbinger at my side frowned to himself as he attempted to craft a plan for us. In the meantime, I continued to study the area boredly as if a solution would crop up before my eyes by some miracle.

"Maybe we're overthinking this. All we need is a distraction and we can slip past easily, right? It just so happens that I know exactly how to cook up a storm," I suggested with a mischievous grin.

I was just preparing my hands to blast Liyue Harbour into a whirlwind of a storm when Scaramouche gripped my wrists with raised brows and an expression that was obviously saying: "No. Absolutely not. Your list of crimes is only growing, do you seriously want to be on Liyue's watchlist too? We need to be careful about this."

"Then what do you suggest, Kuni?"

"There's more than one way into Liyue. And many of those ways don't include entering through authorised entrances," he insinuated.

I nodded slowly, understanding where he was coming from as we eyed the mountains that rose high above the city like stone giants. We were already on the lower side of a hill so making our way around and up it wouldn't be a lot of work. With a nod in his direction, we got to work trekking across the expanse of stone.

It took longer than expected. There were various rising levels of rock and rough corners that required careful steps and holding out hands ready to catch the other if our footing fell away out of nowhere. Along the way, I taught Scaramouche how to utilise his vision efficiently by manipulating anemo to aid in exploration. It worked fantastically to make wide leaps and lift rocks to use as stepping stones.

Eventually, we found ourselves standing over the south west side of Liyue city above Wangshen Funeral Parlour. Exactly how I planned it. Without another word, I leaped off the cliff side into a graceful somersault and landed with a smooth skid across the concrete. Throwing my head back to view Scaramouche's reaction at my flashy show, he rolled his eyes with amusement before sliding down the rock face on anemo. He strolled to my side with a challenging smirk and I couldn't help but bark out a laugh.