| Confessions And Kisses In The Dark |

I enjoyed writing the last chapter in the third person so I'm going to try it again for this one too and I want you guys to let me know at the end if you like it. Thank you!

~~~

"No. I'm not going anywhere," stated Y/N.

Her arms were folded stubbornly and that all too familiar scowl was back in place, replacing the disappointment that plastered her features after their last conversation. Scaramouche resisted the urge to smooth out the frown that marred her brows just as she did only a day ago when she was as drunk as the sky.

"Y/N," he chided impatiently. "If we delay our departure any more, every faction in the land will have reached the gnosis before us. Thanks to your foolishness, our location in Sumeru has become known. I am officially a traitor and your accomplice. After all that, you think I am just going to go along with your demands and waste even more time here?"

She averted her gaze, guilt obvious in her eyes. The spirit seemed hesitant to say something. It was obvious that she was aware of her mistakes and the goose chase they had just experienced was entirely her fault however there was something she wanted to say.

Y/N was still healing. The purifying process had been rushed and followed up by an exertion of power as she worked to buy time for them to throw themselves off a mountain. That alone left a sharp pain pulsing in her body. The most she could do was stand on her two feet at the moment. If Scaramouche were to make her move along, she knew she was bound to collapse soon.

This had only ever occurred during long battles in the war. At the time, Barbatos was using vast amounts of power to keep his wind spirits fighting. It was common for their forms to waver or flicker in and out of their solid nature due to over exhaustion on the Archon's part. That was exactly what Y/N was worried about. Her limbs would practically turn into jelly if she forced herself to continue any further.

The bard was unsure of whether or not telling him was a good idea. She feared he would realise how much of a liability she had become and ditch her. He wouldn't be wrong in doing so but she wasn't ready to leave his side.

All the wild situations and the running through the trees away from pursuers was beyond any sort of entertainment she had ever experienced. If she had known being a wanted criminal was this exhilarating, she would have done this a thousand years ago. Although, she was aware that a large portion of the fun came from having this particular Harbinger running by her side.

She bit her lip nervously. From his tone earlier, he seemed to be in a bad mood. Scaramouche had completely switched off and only the cold, ruthless Harbinger was left in his place. Y/N wondered what might've happened in the time she was sleeping away the hours. For some reason, the winds in the air refused to tell her anything. This was particularly concerning as she knew how they loved gossip.

"You're hiding something from me. What aren't you telling me Y/N?" asked Scaramouche suspiciously.

"I am not hiding anything. I just think we ought to take a moment to gather our bearings and form a decent plan before we hurry off to Liyue," she lied with a shrug.

The Harbinger narrowed his eyes at her. "Was the hours of sleep and extensive amounts of alcohol not enough for you?"

"You're never gonna get over that, are you?" she huffed out.

"Not any time soon, no. And stop avoiding the question. What's the matter with you? Why are you purposefully trying to prolong our stay?" asked Scaramouche, taking a step forward.

In a sudden panic, Y/N attempted to step back and retain the distance between them. As a consequence, the energy she lacked resulted in the loss of firm footing and her legs collapsed beneath her. Scaramouche had come running forward, hands prepared to hold her steady but by the time he'd reached her, she was already slumped onto the ground in a daze.