♡ Chapter 15 ♡

My arm feels like it's gonna fall off as I pick up my grocery bag.

It weighs like ten freaking pounds. I only came for milk, so I'm not too sure how cookies, muffins, iced coffee, and strawberries ended up in my bag. I'm definitely not responsible for it, I got reverse mugged.

"Thank you. Have a good day," the cashier smiled at me. 

"Oh, um, wait," I speak up, making her stop scanning the next person's groceries.

I open my wallet with my free hand and grab all the cash that I had on me. It was about $1000 dollars.

"Use this to pay for as many people's groceries as you can," I tell her.

Her eyes widen seeing the amount, but I turned on my heels and left the store before she could argue with me.

Snow falls onto me as I walk to my car. I love winter. 

I put my bag of groceries in my trunk and hop in, and start blasting the heat. I drive home, and the entire time I do, one guy keeps coming into my mind. 

Once I reach my house, I rush inside and into the kitchen. I start unpacking my groceries, and as I do, I bite the inside of my cheek.

Come with me.

The words echo around so much in my mind that they may very well be imprinted on it. 

The thought alone sends an eletric shock through my body. Go with him. Go with the enemy

But, as much as I want to, and as much as I hate my father, I can't.

I don't know enough about Reese. Of course I know his reputation, but I know nothing about him. I don't know his hopes, his aspirations, his dreams. I don't know if he wants to stay in New York, or leave. I need to know him more. 

"Hey sweetie," my mom smiles at me as she enters the kitchen.

I smile back, looking at her over my shoulder while putting the muffins in the pantry, "Hey mom!"

"We're attending a dinner tonight," she tells me, making me slowly turn around. "It's with a guy that your father wants to do business with."

My eyebrows lower and I cross my arms while I ask, "How come I have to go?"

The nervous look on her face and how she plays with her fingers make my head tilt unamusingly.

"Mom," I say in a tone that tells her to tell me. 

She sighs and drops her hand, "The man's son will be attending. We need you to come, be nice to the boy, make him like you and such. But don't worry, you'll never have to talk to him again after if you don't want."

I let out a bitter scoff. Using me, to get them a deal. 

"Dad didn't have the balls to tell me himself?"

My words make my mom shake her head and question, "What is up with you two? Your relationship used to be so good."

Used to. Until I found out all the things he's been doing in the dark. 

I open my mouth to say a few insults about my dad. But then, as an idea slowly comes into my brain, I smile. 

"Okay. I'll be ready," I tell her, complying with the plan.

She gives me a confused look as I head past her and go upstairs.

My dad wants me to go to dinner?

Okay. 

I'll go to dinner. 

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»