♡ Chapter 26 ♡

~ Reese POV ~

If I could see the surface of my heart, there'd be lots of different dents. Cuts, from my parents. Dents from people I liked, that I had to kill. 

I remember when I was seven, there was a girl in class that I liked. I asked her out and she laughed in my face and told me I was disgusting because of the dirty clothes I wore. Given, it was that or trash bags, since my parents didn't buy me clothes. 

The next day at school everybody was laughing at me. She had told everybody that the poor guy had asked her out, and how could I ever think that I deserved a girl like her?

I went back and killed her when I was 18. Unnecessary? Yea. She was 7 when it happened.

But it felt so fucking good. To kill somebody that had made me feel horrible. That's the feeling, the high that I chased for years. Killing people that wronged me felt fucking good. And I don't give a shit how horrible it makes me to admit. 

So when Azalea slipped back into bed last night, I knew. I knew what she had done.

And God was I fucking proud of her.

My only regret was that I wasn't the one who got to do it. 

Bashing someone's head in with a hammer, making someone drink bleach. Anybody that hurts Azalea should fucking die. 

Including her father. But that's a problem for another day.

Because today, right now, I watch Azalea as she gets ready for our date. She hums while leaning her hips against the bathroom counter, covering her lips in lipgloss. She doesn't even know I'm watching her from the bedroom but I can't dare to bring myself to look away from such beauty.

I sit on the chair in the bedroom. I wear black dress shoes, black slacks, and a black button-up dress shirt. My black hair has some gel in it and one strand falls forward onto my forehead. I lean back in the chair, resting my ankle on my knee while my head tilts while I look at her.

And I think to myself, how do I deserve a girl like her.

She slips golden hoops onto her ears. 

I'm in love with her. There's no denying it. 

Her beauty is so breathtaking that I googled a self-assessment to see if I had fucking asthma. Turns out I don't, she just takes my fucking breath away every time I look at her.

I hope she likes what I have planned. Nobody on this entire Earth could hurt me. Only Azalea. She doesn't even know how deep I am into this, and I think that if she knew, it might scare her a little bit. The lengths that I would go to for her.

After Joesph is dead, I'm going to take her somewhere. Somewhere that's paradise to her. Whether that's Italy, Switzerland, or Canada. I'll take her anywhere. 

"Okay!" she says happily while clapping her hands together. "I'm ready."

She exits the bathroom and I'm starting to think that I should just buy a goddamn inhaler anyway. 

She swears a black dress and heels. Her blonde hair is straightened and half up with two strands framing her face. The necklace I gave her still sits around her neck and her plump lips turn up in a smile.

"Reese?" she says, making me snap out of my trance.

I rise to my feet. I kiss her cheek and tell her, "Your beauty leaves me speechless every single day."

"Want me to make myself ugly?" she scrunches her nose. "Because I could totally do that. Oh no - I don't wanna do that. You wouldn't like me."

Like. That word with her disgusts me. I fucking love her, and even that word doesn't feel like enough.