♡ Chapter 22 ♡

Since we don't know how many people are down there with Azalea, I had an idea to at least lower it.

Over the years of my feud with Joesph, I've taken notes of where he has warehouses, which ones are most important, and what the security is like at each one.

He makes most of his money from drugs. And obviously, he can't deposit the money from those trades without it looking like the money is coming from somewhere else.

So, that leads me to here.

"A hot dog manufacturing company," Alec reads the sign in a bored tone. "Your greedy ass wants to eat some goddamn hotdogs while Azalea's locked down there?"

I give him an 'are you serious?' look. 

"I think you're the stupidest person I've ever met," I stated.

His jaw dropped like I personally offended him, "Was it that stupid of me to shoot that guy in the neck that was gonna kill you?"

"Or, was it that stupid of me to kill the wife that was running out of the house we were just at?" he questions.

My eyebrows lower and I uncross my arms. I repeat in shock, "You killed the wife?"

"She was a liability," he shrugs.

I sigh and roll my eyes. Whatever.

"This isn't just a hot dog company. It's also where Joesph launders the most money, so, definitely not increasing my chances to get into heaven with this plan. Not that I was really counting on it," I say while getting out of the car.

Alec quickly gets out behind me. 

"So...what's the plan, exactly?" he asks while matching the pace I walked at.

I hear him say 'holy shit' under his breath while I casually shoot all of the security guards, killing them, and then continue walking. 

"We're gonna kill every worker in there. They help launder the money and make it look like it's a legit company," I explain to him, and speak my next words without remorse. "And we are going to kill them all."

These people weren't my enemies. They just work, making the company look real, in case any inspectors ever came by. None of them had ever done anything wrong directly to me. 

But I've said it before. I will kill innocents if they are in the way of something. 

They'll sound the emergency alarm once we start shooting. This will make Joesph send all of his trusted men here to see what happened, and while they're distracted, we can go get Azalea.

I don't give a single fuck about killing dozens of people. As long as I'm protecting my one.

We draw our guns as we approach the door. 

"Ready?" I ask Alec.

"Shitting my pants a little bit, but yea."

I roll my eyes and open the door.

We hide behind the wall, but aim our guns inside and start shooting. The people standing by machines got struck by the bullets and screaming quickly filled the warehouse. Our guns never stopped firing bullets. They rained, hitting people, hitting metal machines, hitting walls.

The red lights started flashing but we kept the bullets coming.

I've already accepted that I'm a bad person. But at least I fucking own it. Killing all of these people, just for Azalea, made me happy. You can be a bad person but still treat somebody well. I kill, both people in this world and those outside of it, but with Azalea I'd get down on my knees for her.