Chapter 3

Chapter 3: Little Sun

          It was on that night, that a miracle happened. Since that day, Duke Burgen's son has miraculously started to get better. The road to recovery of Dorcas Burgen was a very slow process. There's no instant recovery or healing like people used to expect in Magic.

Nonetheless, the news of Duke Burgen's son's recovery reached the Kingdom. It was one of the happiest of the current Duke Burgen. Opinions are divided into several when the news reached the people of the Kingdom. Some were apathetic while others sighed in regret that Dorcas Burgen miraculously started to recover from being on the brink of death from his unknown deadly illness. Some people were wishing for his death. They were angry that the son of the Duke recovered. All of those types of people were thinking that the Duke doesn't deserve any happiness when there are thousands of people suffering in the Kingdom.

Even if they wish for the death of the Duke's son, currently Duke Burgen was eating with his son in the dining hall of the Burgen Mansion.

It would be the very first time that Dorcas would be able to eat on his own and without needing any help since he started getting sick. He can now hold the utensils and Daryus wouldn't even dare to chastise his son on the proper etiquette of holding utensils. It was enough that his son can hold the utensils on his own.

Other than for his care and love for Dorcas, he can't just be bothered to care about the etiquette. People said that he was a disgrace. No matter what he does, he would be a disgusting person in the sight and perception of many people in the Kingdom. So, Duke Burgen wouldn't put an effort to make himself elegant and graceful for the people.

He can conduct himself in whatever manner he wanted. He wouldn't cater and please to the people who can't understand him.

" Dorcas, is the food up to your taste? "

Duke Burgen asked Dorcas in a gentle and soft voice. He was attentive and cautious to cause distress to his son who was eating quietly.

Dorcas who hasn't spoken since they have eaten paused. He started at Duke Burgen as he place the utensils on his plate and took out a hanky to wipe his lips. He then nodded a little to the question of Duke Burgen and resumed his eating.

Duke Burgen smiled slightly and also continued to eat his dinner. But inside his mind, he notices that Dorcas' behavior is a little different since he woke up.

Sometimes, he was too quiet and appears to be preoccupied while thinking about something. He wanted to ask if there was something wrong or any pain in his body. The latter question was always denied by his son.

He can't help but become too worried. He was afraid that his son's unexplained illness would come back again. The cause of the illness and the reason for the recovery of his son are both unknown.

The news of his son's recovery reached the ears of everyone in the Kingdom. He knows that many people hated him and he has a bad reputation.

His bad reputation may have only been outclassed by some people in the Kingdom and those people can only be counted on one hand.

Duke Daryus Burgen has a bad reputation among the people. But he doesn't want the people to involve his son who has done nothing but has only done staying inside the Burgen Mansion since he was born.

After the dinner, Duke Burgen accompanied his son to his room before he bid good night and left.

Unknown to him, Dorcas was still awake as he stared at the ceiling.

Unknown to Duke Daryus Burgen, his son is already dead.

It wasn't Dorcas who woke up from his body that night but someone else.

This someone has his chance taken away to live on Earth in exchange to live again with a second chance. He have may retain his memories and precious people in his mind but he has forgotten his name in exchange for this life.

This was a chance that he never wanted but was requested by the original Dorcas Burgen.

Dorcas sighed as he stared at the ceiling. Since the day he realized that he had died and can't ever go back to his precious people, he has secretly grieved for them.

Until now, the grief was still there. It would always remain there and would never be erased.

But Dorcas has slowly accepted over this month that he would be living his life as Dorcas Burgen. The only child and son of Duke Burgen of the Whipper Kingdom.

Dorcas doesn't even know the reason why the original owner decided to give this second chance to him, and who was behind the original's decision.

He can only be thankful for the original for this second chance. For him to just unselfishly give this life to him that the original Dorcas deserved.

But as he still mulls over his thoughts on the bed while staring at the ceiling, there was one thing that he was certain about.

Since the day that he transmigrated over, while slowly recovering in Dorcas' body, he has heard some rumors from the servants of the Burgen Household.

Because of that, Dorcas couldn't help but a little be distracted during the dinner earlier.

Comparing the rumors and the person in front of him earlier, Dorcas couldn't fathom how would the people of the Whipper Kingdom thought Duke Burgen was a cruel and heartless person.

He wonders if this is the reason why the original Dorcas needed him here.

Duke Burgen has been a kind and caring father.

But Dorcas knows that a story couldn't be viewed from one angle.

Dorcas was curious about the rumors and wanted to know the whole story. Staring at his bedroom window, there was a desire to go outside.

Since the day that he live his life as Dorcas Burgen, never did he once get outside the Burgen household.

Dorcas then raises one of his left hands and opened his palm. The hand then glowed a pale golden for a moment before a golden card appeared.

On the card was a figure of a young man with closed eyes in a side view. He has golden brown hair and wearing a loose yellow medieval fantasy-style shirt with a red hood. Beneath it was a tight black turtle neck body suit and black pants. He has steampunk-style black boots with red heels beneath them. Then there was a very long red scarf wrapped around the young man's neck and an axe attached to his belt.

Staring at the card, Dorcas felt a mix of emotions. The figure on the card happened to be his last cosplay before he died.

Derrick Berg was one of the characters in his favorite novel lord of the mysteries. Also known and called by the little sun by other members of their organization the Tarot Club.

If he has known that this kind of thing would happen to him and he would be given a so called blessing as the original Dorcas have said to him in that limbo, he should have just cosplayed as Mr. Fool.

But beggars can't be choosers. It's better than nothing at all.

Dorcas then started saying the familiar chant from one of his favorite novels while he was avoiding feeling embarrassed over the chuunibyou-esque line.

" The Fool that doesn't belong to this Era;
The Mysterious Ruler above the gray fog;
The King of Yellow and Black who wields good luck. "

After saying those words, Dorcas Burgen disappeared into the room. The figure of the 7-year-old child was replaced by a 15-year-old young man. The familiar figure who was depicted in the golden card earlier.

Derrick Berg, the little sun of the Tarot Club.