Chapter 15

AN: Sorry for not updating for a long time. This is my alt account so I couldn't update it frequently unlike my other account.

Chapter 15: Light Supplicant and a Special Guest

" big brother, you may forget some things while you were transported to my body. But according to the kind Mister, you would regain a portion of your memories every time that you advance. In your pathway. "

" Why don't you let me just face that God or whoever that being responsible for this? "

" Umm... According to Mister, it was inconvenient for him to meet you. "

" Inconvenient? "

" Yes! Mister said that you may become afraid once you met him! "

" Afraid... I don't understand.. "

He can hear the sounds of many clocks ticking and chiming from the distance.

----------------------

Thankfully, after losing consciousness and the unbearable pain after he drank the potion, Dorcas woke up early in the morning. Before Hayne has even arrived to wake him up. The moment that Dorcas regained consciousness again, he frowned when memories and new information regarding his blessing appeared inside his mind.

[ Light Supplicant:

Abilities:

• Cast a certain number of spells consisting of both light and fire magic

• Conducting sacred rituals very effectively against the undead and other evil spirits

• Summon clean, pure light from their bodies to disperse the darkness.

• Light two "miniature suns" in the eyes to directly see through the darkness

• Summon a pure beam of fiery light that descends from the sky. ]

Other than having the abilities that he gained as a bard- buffing his allies with strength, speed and imbuing them with courage, and raising their morale, Dorcas has become stronger.

Also, his bard's abilities are further enhanced by becoming a Sequence 8 of the Sun Pathway.

Clasping his hand, a smile formed on Dorcas' face. Maybe it was his illusion. But Dorcas could feel that he was more energetic than usual.

While he was enjoying his advancement to Sequence 8 Light Supplicant, there was a knock on his door.

" Young master? "

Hayden's voice could be heard through the other side of the door.

" Come in. "

The door opened. Hayden let out a sigh of relief. Dorcas frowned at their unexpected behavior of Hayden today.

" Thanks the Nature that you are already awake. "

" Is something wrong? Did Miss Safira already arrive? You could brew tea for her as usual so that she wouldn't complain. She would forgive us if I'm late as long as you have tea to serve to her. "

Shaking his head, Hayden responded.

" No, young master. It wasn't- Miss Safira wouldn't give you lessons for today or supervise and teach you for your Alchemy lessons. "

The image of Dorcas' other tutor enters his mind. He inquired to Hayden.

" Is it Mister Rangi that would teach me for today? My music tutor? "

Hayden shook his head and approached his young master.

" Young master please go out of your room and head towards the bathroom. The clothes which you would be wearing this morning have already been in the bath. Do you me to ask me the maids to help you to take a bath? "

At the question, a trace of embarrassment rose from Dorcas. He replied. His voice was soft and low. If Hayden wasn't close enough, he wouldn't probably hear his young master's reply.

" No. Just you. You could help me take a bath. "

" Then shall we go, young master? Or do you want me to carry you? "

Pursing his lips, Dorcas glared at Hayden.

" You know that I could walk fine on my own. "

Smiling faintly, Hayden replied.

" Apologies, young master. I only wanted to ensure that you wouldn't become tired of walking toward the central bathroom. "

Leaving Dorcas' room, Hayden followed his young master on his way out and went towards the bathroom. In front of the bathroom, two maids were standing in the front and greeting Dorcas.

" Good day, young master. "

" Did the young master have a good sleep? "

The twin young lady maids, Kaia and Maia. They were one of the many servants of the Burgen Manor. Dorcas glance at them and smiled. He replied to Maia's question.

" My posture during sleep isn't good. "

Does being unconscious count also as sleeping?

" Then I advise young master to sleep with the pillows properly elevated and sleep with his body straight. "

Dorcas gives her a grateful smile. Inside his mind, he was sweatdropping. How does one sleep straight? He was certain that he moved a lot around when he was in deep sleep.

" Thank you, Maia. You too, Kaia. Please take care of your health and happiness as always. "

Dorcas and Hayden entered the bathroom. Dorcas heard a 'you too, young master.' before the doors are closed by Maia and Kaia.

Hayden approached him to undress his night clothes before assisting him to enter the pool. The pool was warm. A perfect temperature for taking a bath every morning. The pool also currently smells of herbs and flowers. There were indeed herbs and flowers placed in the warm pool. The herbs and flowers placed in the pool were known to carry medicinal properties.

For a few minutes, Dorcas has just lain in the corner of the pool. Which is the shallowest part. If he has gone deeper, he would drown. After staying for a while, Hayden approached him in the pool and was currently dressed in his undershirt and pants.

Dorcas averted his eyes and just let Hayden help him wash off and clean every nook and cranny of his body. After helping him clean his body, Hayden walks toward the corner of the pool and pulls a lever. The water in the pool then disappeared.

The pool has magic devices installed. Even if this world doesn't have the technology that Dorcas knows in his past life, they have the magic, and their magic devices to compensate for it.

After wiping Dorcas' body and helping him dress up, Hayden then accompanied his young master to the dining hall. Dorcas clothes and boots for this morning were very elegant and the fabric was expensive.

" We have an esteemed guest today young master. "

Hayden said as they approached the dining hall.

The dining hall is usually occupied by his father always alone before he would arrived. Today, it was different. They're not far away from his father the esteemed guest that Hayden was talking about.

A person dressed in mage robes like his tutor Safira. There was something with his demeanor and posture that people couldn't help but notice him.

Noticing that he arrived, his father smile gently at Dorcas. Yet, there was something off with his gentle caring smile today.

" Dorcas... "

His father greeted him.

" Father... "

Dorcas returned the greeting and glance toward the mage. Noticing his attention was towards the mage, Duke Daryus hands grip tightened towards the fork that he was holding.

" Dorcas, this is Lord Pister Kodiang. Your mother's tutor. "