Chapter 11

Chapter 11: Trial and Error

         After the time spent in the Whipper Kingdom's capital, Dorcas and Hayne eventually returned to the Southern Territory. And Dorcas was back to being cooped up again in the Burgen Household.

Unknown to his father and the servants of the Burgen Household, Dorcas was also back at his nightly incursion to Thrifa Town.

And recently, Dorcas felt that his experience as a Bard was near completion. He just needs one enlightenment regarding the rules and nature of the Bard, and he would officially digest his role and essence of the Sun's Pathway Sequence 9.

After that, then he needs to start looking for alternative potion ingredients and maybe adjusting the potion recipe...

But before looking at the ingredients, Dorcas must learn the ways of the Alchemy of this world and its potion-making.

And unfortunately for him, it wasn't easy as he thought it to be.

-----------------------------

    Under the stern glare of Miss Safira, Dorcas pouted.

   " What moronic decisions are you doing?! "

Face covered in soot and ash, Dorcas hesitantly answered.

" Equivalent Exchange? "

He muttered uncertainly under the increasing glare of Miss Safira. Dorcas bit his lip when he notice Miss Safira clenching her staff tightly and if she didn't stop from gripping it very tight, Dorcas was afraid that it might break. Other than that reason, Dorcas was afraid that she would use her magical powers to punish him. (Dorcas knows that she wouldn't. Never once in her life did she use her magic to punish Dorcas other than making him levitate. )

" If I told you something, do it would you foolish child?!? "

Dorcas bowed his head a little and glance at his so-called 'health potion'. The health potion was supposed to be colored red which was the same color as blood. But gazing at the dark as the dark-colored liquid of his health potion, Dorcas has failed his first-ever attempt at potion making.

" First thing first, Alchemy needs precision idiot! What the heck are you thinking when you suddenly decided to adjust and modify my instructions? "

At those words, Dorcas bowed his head a little bit further. His face felt hot because he was feeling ashamed of himself.

It's been two weeks since his return to the Capital of the Whipper Kingdom and his interest in learning alchemy arose.

Hesitantly stealing a glance at Miss Safira, Dorcas thought that Miss Safira was right. He then grimaced when the foul smell reach him and he started coughing.

' .. Ugh.  Why the heck did my potion smell like dead fish?! '

Thumping her staff on the ground and glowed light green, fresh wind flowed through the room alleviating the foul dead fish smell that enveloped the study room. Gesturing to Hayne who was covering his nose, Safira ordered the servant.

" Throw it out. "

Hayne quickly acted on Miss Safira's orders and didn't even feel guilty at all at throwing out his young master's first-ever potion. His actions were full of enthusiasm and excitement.

Aside from feeling ashamed of himself. Dorcas was disappointed for a few reasons. Firstly, Miss Safira was right about what he said. Dorcas should have listened to Miss Safira's instructions. He was just starting to learn to make a potion, he shouldn't go ahead of himself and tried out the ideas that he have in his mind.