Chapter 9

Anthony

"Muthafucka sent her to the ER?!" Trell yells through the phone. I was ridin' down the block as I told Dontrell the whole story.

"Yeah, the nigga got her sent to the ER. I shoulda murder this nigga when I had the chance," I said regrettin' the fact that I let his ass live.

"Yeah, nigga ya' should have. How ya' gon' let that nigga slip, bro?"

I thought back to it. "Michael was my homie at one point, mane. It hurts to kill a nigga ya' loved." Me and Michael was like brothers. We played basketball together and even our families were close, but I don't tolerate domestic abuse and for him to do that shit to Aniyah outta everyone was a no-go. I put her above anyone else 'cause I vowed to protect her after the death of her father.

"Fuck that so-called friendship ya' had with him," Trell says soundin' annoyed. "Listen, we gon' have a meetin' at the trap house. I gathered up all our niggas, they gon' be there."

Damn, he got the whole squad back? Back when I stayed up in New Or-lins, we used to be wild youngins gettin' in high speed chases and jumpin' muthafuckas who crossed us. Now we gon' be back together like ol' times, this shit is gon' be interestin'.

"Aight, say no mo'. I'll be there, one." I hanged up the phone and sped down the road, changin' directions to go down to the traphouse.

Out of nowhere, my mind drifted to Niyah. We was so close to kissin' just now and I don't kno' what to think. I love Niyah just not in that sorta way, but as many times that I told myself that, I never could really tell if I meant it. I don't kno' why, but I had wanted to feel her lips on mines. I was curious to taste them, but I also ain't wanna push it. What if she didn't like it and pushed me away? That could fuck up our whole friendship dynamic we got. I sigh. Why did this had to be so damn complicated?

As I finally got to the trap house located in Carol City, I saw the whole crew inside sittin' around the table and they was fully engaged in a conversation. "Wassup, yall boys!" I yell out to 'em makin' 'em snap their heads towards me.

"Aye! My nigga, Ant. What's good wit'chu?" That nigga Slim said walkin' up towards me then we dap each other up. "What's hood with ya', mane. Long time no see."

"Shit, that's 'cause you done went and took yo' talents to South Beach. Ol' LeBron head ass nigga!" Fleez joked as he got up to greet me.

He was the jokester of the group. We call him 'Fleez' 'cause everytime he causes shit to go down, the nigga is the first to flee the scene almost immediately.

I bust out laughin' 'cause that was funny. "Fuck you, nigga. It's good to see y'all, mane." I looked over to see Ty, who's the tech nigga among us, lookin' down on his tablet. This nigga stay on that damn tablet, I thought he would be over it by now. "Ty! Put that shit down for once my nigga," I said out to him. He was actually a new addition to the group.

He looked up at me and nod. "My bad, Anthony you know how I am with this." He gets up and we did our handshake. "This shit is kinda my life, bruh."

"Yeah nigga I kno'." Trell was the one who met Ty back in college when they had computer class together. I was iffy 'bout Ty when Trell first introduced us, I felt like he was questionably weird. We were not gettin' along at first, but then after a while I found out he was an actual cool dude. Just a nigga who loves this technology shit.

"So what's this all 'bout? Trell said we goin' after that nigga Michael. I thought he was yo' homie?" Slim said as we all took a seat at the round table.

"He crossed a line. He put his hands on my homegirl, Niyah."

"Oh, Velcro's daughter? Yeah, that nigga's dead," Fleez says while pulling out a cigar.