Chapter 6

Aniyah

"Ok! We're gonna play a new game!" A bossy 9 year old Nikki yells out to all the kids in the playground. "We're gonna play 'Tag-You're-It'!"

"But I don't like that game," My 8 year old self says, very sad that she chose that game to play. "Why not 7 up?" I smiled. I hope we can play that one.

Nikki rolled her eyes. "Aniyah, that game gets boring! And I don't like to be bored." She huffed. She's such a brat. "So it's gonna be boys vs girls! And us girls are gonna kick you boys butts!" She says as the other girls in the class cheers.

"No way! We'll win because boys are tougher than girls," Lamar says smiling with the boys agreeing with him. I rolled my eyes because I just don't like him. He's very mean to girls and I can tell he didn't take a bath today.

"So? Girls are smarter, am I right, girls?!" The girls again cheer on Nikki.

"Boys are better!"

"Girls are the bestest!" This back and forth between who's better is stupid. I really hate 3rd grade.

"Listen up!" Nikki yells stopping them. "Let's play the game and see who can get the most tags. Whoever does is the greatest of all!"

"Who even put you in charge?" Teddy said folding his arms. "You don't make the rules."

"Ms. Walker put me in charge, so I do make the rules. Thank you!" She said flipping her twists in beads.

"Nikki, shutup." She gasped while all the kids 'oooh' then we turn to see it was Anthony with his hands inside of his pockets and a hoodie over his head. "Ms. Walker didn't even leave you in charge."

"She did too!" She says with attitude. "You don't even know. You just sit there being quiet all the time, so stay quiet."

"Don't talk to him like that," I defend him. He's my friend and I didn't like how she talked to him. "That was rude."

She smirks. "Why? Is he your boyfriend?" Nikki dragged as the girls coo. "No, he's not." I looked away feeling shy. I just wanted to protect my friend. Why do he have to be my boyfriend?

"Then why you're protecting him, hmm?" Nikki teases. I huffed. I hate it when she does that, it's annoying.

"Can we play the game already?!" Lamar shouts out loud. I looked at Anthony as he smiled at me, making me smile.

"Ok, I go first. Tag you it!" Nikki yells as she tags Teddy which made all the kids start to run everywhere.

As I noticed that all the kids were getting tagged, I panic and tried to go hide. When I turned, Lamar was standing there smiling with his finger up, so he's 'it' now. I got scared then turn around to run away. I looked back to see he was running behind me. "Stop! Leave me alone!" I yelled in fear.

"I'm gonna get you!" He was picking up speed fast. The next thing I know, he pushed me to the ground hard and I hurt my arm bad. With the pain I was now feeling, I started to cry out loud making all the kids stop in their tracks.